Cub Scouts Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Category Parade Float
Cub Scout
Children's organizations, such as the Cub Scouts, often participate in local Christmas parades. This is a guide about Cub Scouts' Christmas parade float ideas.

Leave No Trace for the Parade! Our Cub Scout Pack decided we would use the scout motto, and collect bottles and cans from the crowd along the parade route. The scouts decorated wagons with a recycle theme. Almost every single person that we collected from, commented on what a great idea it was! Great lesson for the scouts too!

By Wendy S from Coopersburg, PA

I'm seen nuns from private schools collect cans from the parades we have here in San Antonio.

Zig

When you go to a ballgame or any sporting event, collect the reuseable plastic cups and donate them to the childrens shelters or homeless shelters.

Zig

I need ideas for our Cub Scouts walking in the Christmas Parade with the theme "Patriotic Christmas" any and all input welcome! They will be in full uniform.

Thank you,
Karen from Summerville, SC

Best Answer

You can get some scouts to pull wagons with christmas trees in them decorated with red, white and blue paper snow flakes and american flags. Others can carry american flages with strings of battery powerd christmas lights attached to the poles with wire. Then some of the kids can carry a banner that says "merry christmas USA!". the rest of the boys can carry red white and plue christmas presents.

Best Answer

How about having each wear a Santa hat instead of a scout cap, and have them decorate the Santa hats to reflect a patriotic theme-i.e. add stripes, stars etc.

As a wife of a Disabled Veteran, seeing those wagons and cub scouts means more than we know

to them.

Maybe a sign saying "Thank You Veterans"

A Christmas Tree decorated with flags.

A sign or picture or banner of each of the branches;

NAVY,ARMY.MARINES,COAST GUARD.

Also an idea contact your local Veterans of Foreign

War Post and get ideas and tips.

have fun and take pictures and share with the VFW Post. It means so much.

I saw a group do the same as may-fairy posted, with the wagons and presents, etc. But they had individual floats w/their wagons, so that they could work on them at home and not require attending more meetings than normal. Some were rather extravagant, some were just a christmas tree with small presents. But all were beautiful!

well we made a map of the US and painted it like a flag with a sign that had their pack number on the front on a lil sign

I need an idea for a Christmas float for my son's cub scout pack. The theme of the parade is Christmas through the eyes of a child.

Mindy W from Douglas, GA

Best Answer

Think back to when you were a child. What things do you remember? For instance, I remember my kids being in awe of the stuff under the tree. Perhaps you could have children of all ages standing around a Christmas tree in pajamas and loads of wrapped "gifts" under the tree. You could wrap some old boxes that don't have anything in them; wrap bricks, shoe boxes, etc. You could even put a large doll, a bike, a train set, etc. around the tree.

Another idea is is to have a bed set up on the float with a child "sleeping" and dreaming of Christmas scenes. (opening gifts, Santa, etc.) For the dream scenes the kids could draw them out on large paper, cut them out, and hang them from fishing line above the child's head.

I hope this gives you some ideas and helps you to think of more.

Best Answer

I'd wrap wardrobe boxes Xmas style with wide ribbons and giant bows & do a few 2' tall styrofoam candy canes.

Maybe some 3' cardboard gingerbread cookie men. Just think 'supersize'. Any little sisters or brothers willing to ride the float dressed as little fairies or elves?

Best Answer

In the Christmas Parade here last year, one of the groups of kids were dressed like giant pieces of candy (for the Sugarplums that danced in their heads). Cut out giant sized pieces of candy from poster board, color it and cover with cellophane to look like candy. There were other children dressed as large Christmas packages. Cut holes in the sized of large decorated boxes and slip them onto the children. They can walk and it is so cute. I love the bed idea...that would be so cute. Or, have a group of the kids in pajamas sitting on the float by the Christmas tree while they are being read to.

I am in desperate need of some ideas for a Christmas parade float for the local Cub Scouts. The theme of this year's Christmas parade is 'Miracle On 42nd Street'. The parade committee consists me! Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By Christa from Owensboro, KY

Best Answer

Of course, you need a Santa, but you should dress everyone in vintage 50's wear.

Best Answer

Since one of the most memorable scenes in the movie was the postal workers delivering truckloads of Santa mail to the courtroom, maybe depict the courtroom somehow? With big bags of "mail?"

Our cub scout pack and boy scout troop are going to be in the Christmas parade together this year. The theme for it is "Christmas in Dixie". Does anyone have any ideas for our float? These boys range from 7 years to 16 years old. I was thinking pine trees and snow, but I can't come up with anything to go with it. Please help.

Lisa from Olive Branch, MS

Best Answer

Pine trees, a little snow, and an old style tent. a small camp fire lain with red and yellow lights. Use cardboard for the dirt ground. Make some rocks out of cardboard and have a holiday camp ground. Good luck.

I am working on a parade in Shelby County for 11/18. If you email me at renee5501000 AT aol.com I will share the sites and ideas we have received.

I'm looking for an idea for a float for a bank in the Christmas parade.

My son is in the Cub Scouts and this year's Christmas float has the theme "Go Green". Any ideas? The kids are going to be doing most of the work.

By Mrs. C from NY

Best Answer

Make a Christmas tree by stacking recycling boxes of different sizes. If you have green ones, all the better. Turn them upside down and stack in descending rows ie six or eight bottom, next row two less, etc. use recyclables to make ornaments, the scouts may have some ideas and attach with colored tape. A topper that would be good is a discarded hubcap or two attached back to back. Don't forget both sides of the tree unless it is put with the back facing the cab of the vehicle the float is on.

I am looking for ideas for a Christmas float for a new cub scout troop. It needs to be inexpensive.

By Vickie from Bremen, KY

I'm trying to come up with an idea for a cub scout Christmas parade float. I don't want anything extravagant as we are a new pack and can't afford a lot. The theme to the parade is "A Holly Jolly Christmas." It has to be in line with the Christmas specials that come on television; Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Emily

Answers:

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

When I sat and watched the Grinch film with my children I think he had a large sleigh filled with presents teetering on a mountain top! Which got me thinking, maybe you could have lots of large "presents" on your float. Just cover very large cardboard boxes free from supermarkets etc with shiny paper and big bows? Dotted around the float amongst your other ideas, they might fill a few gaps. (11/10/2006)

By Carol

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

Have a tent with some cub scouts sitting around a pretend fire, roasting marshmallows. Behind them have some of the characters you wrote of peeking from behind some tree boughs. For Frosty the Snowman, you could have one of those plastic snowmen with the top hats. Have an obedient dog made up to be Rudolph, a Santa Claus in suit and so on. They can all be singing "Holly Jolly Christmas." (06/11/2008)

By Mandy

Cub Scouts Parade Float Ideas

I've done this with my son's cub scout den and my daughter's brownie troop. An adult on a lawn mower in a Santa hat with the boys/girls in front in pairs with the antler headbands on and each holding a rope in the outer hand. We got first place last year! :-) We decorated our reins with garland and of course the front deer had the big red nose. (10/14/2008)

By Sabrina