Cucumber Salad

My mom used to make a cucumber salad. I'm trying to find the recipe for it. The cucumbers were cut very thin and it had dill and vinegar in it.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Answers:

Cucumber Salad

I sometimes fix them with dill, vinegar, and sugar. First I slice the cucumbers, and I sprinkle salt on them. I let them sit for a while (an hour or more), and then rinse very well. Next I mix equal parts sugar and vinegar (like 1/2 cup of each, depending on how much cucumber I have), and add some chopped fresh dill. I'll taste it and, if needed, adjust the sugar or vinegar. Mix it together and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the cucumbers to soak up the flavor, and then enjoy! (07/16/2010)

By mrs.story

Cucumber Salad

This is how I make it. I put the cucumbers through my food processor with the peeling on. Looks so nice. Then I salt the cucumbers, for an hour or 2, Drain off the liquid. Cover the bowl.

Slice onion, as much as you like, very thin. Add to the cucumbers. At this point you can add celery seed or dill weed. I also put some freshly ground pepper in.

Mix equal parts of vinegar, oil, and sugar. Also can use salad dressing, vinegar and sugar, equal parts, depending on how many cucumbers you are using. Stir, let sit a bit, and serve. Always a favorite with our family, most like the vinegar dressing the best.

Good Luck and enjoy. (07/16/2010)

By jeanstreetr

A cucumber salad.
Cucumber Salad Recipes
supporting cucumbers
Supporting Cucumber Vines
Watermelon
Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
bowl of tomato and cucumber slices
Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipes
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄