Cure for Bad Dog Breath

I have a 5 month old Pitbull and I was wondering if I could give her Listerine Pocketpack sheets for bad breath? And if so how many?

By Sadie's owner from New Orleans, LA

Answers:

Cure For Bad Dog Breath

Allowing them to chew on a rope toy is good for them, because it flosses their teeth while they chew. That might help reduce the tartar build-up that could be causing the bad breath. Our dog will chew those toys to the point where he starts to ingest the strings of the rope toy, so we watch it closely and only allow him to chew them while we're supervising him, and we take the toy away when he starts to "eat" rather than "chew". (09/10/2009)

By tsiegl

Cure for Bad Dog Breath

You can swipe the interior of your pet's mouth with human mouthwash, but do not let them swallow any of it as some of human mouthwashes are very bad for dogs.

I bought a tube of doggie toothpaste and brush their teeth with a toothbrush. I got them used to the brush in their mouth when they were small and let them chew on it for a few minutes a couple times a day while I held it. Throw the brush out and get a new one as soon as you see the bristles or plastic getting gnawed too much. You can buy a package of cheap brushes at Family Dollar. Pet stores also sell products for doggie bad breath. (09/11/2009)

By Lorelei

Cure for Bad Dog Breath

I would call the vet and ask if they have any chlorophyll pills. I might have spelled that wrong. This is a supplement that is supposed to cure bad breath. Go to earthclinic.com and look at the pets section. Ask the vet if chlorophyll pills are safe for animals, or you can look it up on the computer. It could be a medical problem or that he needs his teeth cleaned. You can buy dog toothbrushes and toothpaste for dogs at Petsmart. (09/11/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Cure for Bad Dog Breath

No.Take the dog to the vet to find out wha's wrong. It's usually a medical/dental problem causing it. (09/13/2009)

By ahastings7878

Cure for Bad Dog Breath

At 5 months old, she is probably losing her baby teeth and growing her permanent teeth. That is probably causing the bad breath. Please don't give her any kind of breath products meant for humans. Your vet can tell you what is causing the bad breath and make recommendations. (09/15/2009)

By sameoleme

Jack Russell Terrier with bad breath.
Remedies for a Dog's Bad Breath
Yawning beagle next to man making a yucky face
Puppy With Bad Breath
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Photo of woman covering her mouth with her turtle nick.
Remedies for Bad Breath
🎄