Curtain Color Advice to Complement Beige Walls

Category Curtains
Beige walls and green curtains.
Beige walls allow for a wide variety of curtain color choices that will complement it. This is a guide about curtain color advice to complement beige walls.

I have a dark chocolate sofa and chair. The walls are beige, so is the ceiling. What color should the curtains and sheers be? I'm also going to add some decor and an art wall. Please help me.

Everything is brown making it all a bit dull. it would be nice to inject a bit of colour and most colours go with brown. Red, orange, green, yellow would all look good. or break up the monotony with patterned curtains

Aqua or turquoise as an accent color include it in accessories and paint one wall that color.

Anonymous

gray sheers and taupe curtains would be beautiful

gray for the sheers and taupe for the curtains would look beautiful.

I have a red leather sectional. Everything else is neutral beige walls, black or espresso furniture, and dark wood floors. What color curtains should I get? I was thinking black or tan.

I have dark beige walls and ivory crown molding and ivory molding trim along my huge windows. I have an ivory sofa, with oak floors. What color drapes should I do? I was thinking teal, but am not sure?

By Mommy2013

I would strongly advise you make the curtains the same color as the walls or at least the light trim. This will open up your room and make it much brighter and even seem larger. My son, who was an interior designer (deceased) told me that was a secret of the big time designers (make your curtains blend in with the walls, not stand out.)

As much as I like Ginny's advice, I also think it's a great opportunity to add colour to your room. Beige and earth tones get a little bland, right? Teal is my favourite colour ... to wear. Not that I'm opposed to using it in decor, but it gets pretty dated pretty quickly. How about other colours such as green or yellow? Perhaps even orange or other hues found in the great outdoors? Maybe toss a few matching pillows on your sofa?

The great thing about curtains and cushions, particularly if you make them yourself, is the fact it's not necessarily expensive to change it up when you get tired with one accent colour.

Best of luck!

If it were me, I would get curtains that have at least one or more of the major colors in the room and add color along with them, such as a print. Maybe a dark floral. Also, if the curtains have a lining, this gives it a richer look. I hope this helps.

We just moved into our house and I'm wondering what I should do for the curtain color? Right now the color on the walls in the spare is beige with white molding. Also what color rug accent? Should I consider painting the room? I am planning on getting a new comforter set that will go with the color schemes. Any ideas? Thank you! :-)

By Amanda L.

I would buy the comforter first then the curtains and a solid rug that will hold up to spills or stains.

I think the room colour looks fine. If you are okay with it and it is in good shape, leave it. I would put a sheer white or white lace curtain on the window, since you already have blinds to keep out the light. Or, perhaps, white silk or white cotton, depending on the look you are going for - sophisticated or country or whatever. Alternately, choose your comforter, and then get matching drapes and throw rug based on the comforter's colours. Places like Sears do up sets of comforters, pillows, & drapes so you can go with the matching look. The only problem with that is that I find that I tire of the comforter, or it wears out far sooner than the drapes.

What colour curtains should I put in a room with beige walls and white couches?

By Deb E.

A light blue is nice. Tan and blue's always compliment each other and white goes with everything. I hope this helps.

With such a neutral pallet, you can put just about any color you wish. Personally, I hang many, many pictures on my walls, so I like white sheer drapes with blinds behind for light blocking in the summer. However, most people might want a little more color in the room You can suit yourself. Blues and greens will give a softer, cooler look. Red, oranges and yellows will warm the room up. Greys or browns are also very neutral, if you like that sort of pallet. Look through magazines to search for ideas.

I have bold brown table set with brown sofas and coffee table in my living room. The walls are beige. I have also brown pictures on the wall. I put up beige sheers, but the room looks very sad, cold, and empty. What color and what type of curtains should I use? I don't want my living room to be too dark.

By Sonya

Look up what some colors mean like for example blue sometimes means calm. Then think of which one would fit the room best.

If you want to warm up the room, you should go with colors on the warm side of the color wheel, such as red, yellow, or orange. Brown is also a warm color. I think some lively throw pillows in a pattern with one or two of those colors, or perhaps also greens, maybe a throw, and then some art and knickknacks that are bright in color. I think that the art on the walls goes a long way to brightening up the room.

Our bedroom is large with square black IKEA furniture, closet with mirror and black bed. The wall is a beige color, with brown wood floor, and cream carpet. What color would be good for the curtains?

By Vicky

This is a very neutral pallet; you could go with any color you like -- pattern or solid. I would pick something that you like, and then match it to some cushions for the bed, or get one of those sets of bedcovers, pillow shams, and matching curtains that strikes your fancy. Or, if you like the neutrals, go for white curtains, and have only the pictures on your walls provide the color.

I have just moved in to apartment and I painted the walls white and got grey carpet also have a black sofa I have no idea what colour curtains to get cushions ect I don't want it to look plain I want it to look modern.

What colour curtains should I go for? I am renting so I can't repaint the walls. I have beige coloured walls and my sofa is a dark blue. And also what colour rug?

Loved decorating my first apartment!

It's your chance to discover your own style!

Here's a hint to go inexpensively but still stylishly...check out sheet sets (either new or at your local thrift stores!)

They come with a sewn in pocket that you can just slip onto a curtain rod and you can reuse them as sheets later on! They come in great colors and patterns too! If you get a new set you can use the pillow cases to cover a pillow or two for your couch.

You can change the whole look of a room with an easy sheet change. They are easily cleaned too!

Once you find a sheet color you like, use one or two of your favorite colors in the pattern to accent the room!

Remember browns, greens and blues are calming, reds, yellow and orange are vibrant and stimulating. YOU decide what mood you want your room!

I have light beige walls in my living room and tan carpet. I also have a brown chaise lounge and sofa along with maple coffee and end tables. I am looking for the right curtains to go with these furnishings. I purchased some dark red and black grommet curtains and some in a brown/orange color. I do not know if those will work or do I need to buy some in blue? What do you think would be the right thing to do?

By Cynthia S. from Savannah, GA

I think your main colour pallet is so neutral that either of your curtains that you have should work, if you like those colours. Of course, you don't want both sets up - that wouldn't work. However, based on your description, either pattern should work. Perhaps some cushions with the main colour from the curtain would look nice, just to bring some of the accent colour into the room.

Hang the curtains, and see if you like the look of the room. Maybe invite a friend for coffee, whose taste you like, and see what she says. I think either set would work. You don't have to have blue with brown -- it is just a colour that many, many people like.

I have beige walls, black window frames, a light brown tile floor, and black furniture. What color curtains and area rug do I go for?

By Daff D

Oh boy! A lot going on here. You need a bright color like candy apple red, lemon yellow, for examples that would go well with all those tans/browns,blacks. Something bright and colorful or a fabric that has a print with your monotone color scheme and another bright color to pull everything together.

We have beige walls through the house. We have a dark brown leather sofa. What color curtains should we put? We were thinking of red and light gold combination.

By preetu

White would brighten it all but a light blue is amazing with browns and tans. Here is just some ideas about how they go together.

https://www.goo  1024&bih=653

I have a small living room. The walls are welfare white/beige, love seats are beige, and the chairs are dark brown almost black. What color should the drapes be?

By Diane

Hello Diane,

I don't understand the "welfare white beige," but I will assume you are referring to white and beige. If your chairs are dark in color you are close to a very good color scheme already. Dark accents in the furniture are popular among earthier tones on the walls and ceiling.

I would suggest some bright white wherever you can, either by painting the trim of the room or by introducing some accents such as a standing vase or a planter with a nice house plant. Good luck. And if you are unhappy with the color of the walls, paint them. It is easy and cheap and always brightens the room.

I have sand color deep beige walls with chocolate brown furniture. I just stared to add teal, off white, and gold accents. What color window treatments would work? I also have wood blinds on the windows. Please help.

By R. Braatz

What color curtain would look best? I have a chocolate brown living room suite, lite beige walls, and mauve carpet.

By Ada

I have a beige colored wall with white molding and a black rod. My bed is a cream color, my nightstand is white, and my floor is dark brown. What colors can I add if I'm aiming for a style like this picture? I feel like the floor throws me off so I'm not sure if I should get dark brown curtains to balance out the whiteness.

By Lena

I need advice on curtain colors. I've got beige walls in my living room, dark brown velvet sofa, dark walnut for bookshelf and TV unit. The floor has beige tiles. I've got double curtain rods installed. I am planning on having lace curtains on the higher rod with a silk or cotton curtain on the lower one. But deciding the color is a task.
The bedroom walls are lemon in color, with the bed and clothes cupboard are dark brown in color. Please advise.

By nora