DIY Kayak Hanger
Kayaks are fun to have when you are at the water but are large and difficult to store when you are at home. This is a guide about a DIY kayak hanger
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 2 Comments
I needed a solution to store my kayaks off the ground and came up with this. This project uses ratchet tie downs, which I had an abundance of, to hang kayaks off the ground.
- 2 ratchet tie downs
- 4 lag screws
- 4 large metal washers
- Wrap your tie down around the widest portion of the kayak and mark it with a pencil. Then measure from that pencil mark 2 additional feet. That's how big your loops will need to be to easily slip your kayak into the hanger.
- Use a level to draw a line where you want to attach your ratchet tie downs.
- Then pre-drill two holes smaller than the size of your lag screws.
- Attach the metal hooks on the end of the ratchet tie down using a washer and a lag screw.
- Attach the two ends of the tie downs so you have two large loops to hang the kayak.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Slip the kayak through the loops and using the ratchet to make any adjustments so the kayak hangs level.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:28:21 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us