DIY Makeup Beauty Blender
Vote for this contest contender!
Silicone and latex beauty blenders are hot items right now. They work great because unlike a sponge, they don't suck up all your foundation. Instead, they do a beautiful job of blending colours on your face and keeping them put. I like to make mine own out of materials I have at home. These are especially good because they conform to the shapes and crevices on your face to get awesome full coverage.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 beauty blenders
- mixing bowl
- mixing stick
- 2 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp hair conditioner
- 2 balloons (9" or smaller)
- In your bowl, add the corn starch and hair conditioner. All conditioners vary, you might need more or less in your mix.
- Stir until well combined. It will eventually turn into a soft dough. Pick it up and knead it with your hands.
- Split your dough in two. Take one piece and drop it in one of the balloons.
- Use your fingers to mold the dough inside the balloon so it's a nice semi-flattened disc. Tie the balloon tightly in a knot right up against the dough.
- Cut the excess balloon bit right near the knot.
- Repeat the process with the other balloon.
- Squirt a tiny amount of your makeup or foundation onto the blender. You will notice that you only have to use the smallest amount now that a sponge isn't eating it up.
- Enjoy your perfect looking face (and extra makeup)!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!