Gift BasketsGifts

DIY Newborn Baby Gift Basket

Pre-made newborn baby gift baskets can be very expensive and too generic! You could make your own and be creative plus it will be a much more thoughtful gift. Not to mention, it is a lot more affordable to do it yourself. I made this baby boy gift basket for my nephew. When my sister announced that she was expecting a baby boy, I started purchasing gifts over the span of a few months.

Breakdown of what is inside the basket:

It all depends on your budget. I filled the basket at the bottom with clothes (you cannot tell, but there's a lot of clothes in the spacious basket) along with books, scrapbook gift for mom to be, stuffed animal, and toys.

For the basket and ribbon - I was able to use a 50% off coupon at Michael's to help cut the cost down!

For the clear plastic to wrap the entire basket - I found that at my Dollar Tree.

1. Select a gender neutral or specific gender basket. Depending on the size you get, that would result in how many items you will need to purchase to fill the basket.
  2. It is time to go shopping and accumulate items you want in the basket.
  3. Once you have everything you want to fill your basket with - it is trial and error. Try adjusting everything how you want. Sometimes you may need to tape or ribbon stuff down to fit accordingly.
  4. Cover the basket with a clear plastic and secure a bow and tie your ribbon.