GamesParties

DIY Piñata

Vote for this contest contender!

I was assigned to host a simple parlor game at a kids' birthday party. Aside from the list of simple games I have written on my notebook, I was also thinking that it would be more fun with a piñata. But when I went to check canvas prices it didn't fit my budget. So, I just thought of making my own.

1. Inflate the balloon for the base.
  2. Brush glue mixture all over the balloon and start sticking strips of old newspaper until it is fully covered. Add more layers of newspaper strips to make it thick and strong enough when it hardens.
  3. Cut artpaper into strips and make tassels out of it. Cover the balloon with paper tassels in alternate colors. Reserve the extra clippings for the confetti.
  4. Ad
  5. When it's fully covered set aside and let dry overnight.
  6. Ad
  7. As the paper mache hardens, you can prick the balloon with anything sharp to pop it out.
  8. As you see there's a hole on top. Attach a piece of ribbon on two sides of the hole for the handle.
  9. Fill the piñata with confetti and candies and hang it up. Let a blindfolded kid hit the piñata with a piece of stick. The kid who breaks the piñata wins!
  10. Ad