Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dandelion Tea Recipe

Dandelion tea has long been used as an herbal remedy. The tea can be made from flowers and roots. It has been found helpful for an upset stomach. There can be side effects so do your research. This page contains a dandelion tea recipe.

May 18, 2015 Flag

Did you know that dandelion tea is considered an herbal tonic? It helps purify and detoxify the blood, and is useful for myriads of things including acne and constipation. It is also known to have laxative and diuretic properties.

You can purchase dried dandelions on-line and at health food stores, or you can simply pick them fresh from your own backyard for free!

Total Time: hour

Yield: 2 cups

Source: Inspired by pinterest

• 2 cups loosely packed dandelion blossoms
  • boiling water
  • honey to taste

1. Go pick your dandelions. They really are beautiful!
  2. I actually blow on and agitate the the flower with my finger to remove any debri. I find that rinsing does very little to clean them, as they close up pretty quickly when in contact with water. The boiling water kills germs too! This is a very time consuming process, but well worth the effort.
  3. Ad
  4. Trim the blossom as close as you can to the petals. A bit of green won't hurt. Every part of the plant is edible anyways. Scissors work great for this.
  5. Loosely pile your desired amount of flower heads in a heat proof cup. I chose to fill a 2 cup measuring cup and cover the flowers with boiling water. I let it steep for about 10 minutes. This may be a bit strong for first-timers. Just experiment with dandelion blossom amounts.
  6. Related Content(article continues below)
  7. Be sure to strain out your petals. I added honey to sweeten it up. Now enjoy and just think about all those health benefits!
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The dandelion leaves can be used for salads (the flowers too!) and the roots can be used for medicinal purposes. Every bit of the 'weed' can be used, even the stalks. I sampled candied Dandelions at a craft fair several years ago...yum-o! I didn't buy it though... she wanted $20 for a half pint of candied dandelion flowers!

Recipes Using Dandelions
Recipes Using Dandelions
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 5, 2017
salad serving
Dandelion Greens and Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 6:54:45 PM on 10.0.1.129 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.