Browsing: Dangers of Mixing Household Cleaners

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dangers of Mixing Household Cleaners

Mixing common household cleaners, particularly bleach and ammonia, can be extremely dangerous. This is a guide about dangers of mixing household cleaners.

Household Cleaners
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 10, 2014 Flag

For the fourth time in less than a year, I have responded to a med call where someone mixed household chemicals.

Never, ever, in any form or combination, mix bleach with any other chemical. Do not mix vinegar with any other chemical. Do not mix ammonia with any other chemical. This includes general cleaning, in your mop water, in the dishwasher and washing machine.

It can actually kill humans and pets.

May 29, 2009 Flag

Is it safe to use several of the great "Homemade Steam Cleaner Solutions" posted on your site? It is amazing the amount of great posts received regarding "Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution". I'm anxious to try each and everyone to see which I like best.

If I spray Hydrogen Peroxide on the spot where my dog just threw up on my carpet, is it safe to clean the whole carpet with another product like vinegar, or Oxi-clean, or LA Awesome, several hours later? Is there cause for concern of mixing products once the area dries?

These are questions I've had for years. I really don't want to "OD" my family, friends, or pets because I am ignorant as to what will mix or not mix with products used prior to my present cleaning project. Once the carpet is dry should you have concerns about products used next to clean carpets? Thanks.

By suzyspinkmoon

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The best thing to do is Google searching when there are chemicals you want to mix. Just Google in something like "Is it safe to mix hydrogen peroxide and vinegar" or "Is it safe to mix ammonia and bleach". For each question dozens (if not hundreds) of helpful links will show up and you can easily read through a few to determine what, when, why and how :-)

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 21, 2013
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Milk Pouring into Mixing Bowl
Mixing Bowl Tips and Tricks
Powdered Tempera Paint
Mixing Powdered Tempera Paint
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:17:13 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.