Dark Blue Stains on a Stainless Steel Pan

I got busy and forgot a small stainless steel sauce pan on the stove. It is the heavy duty kind called Lustre Kraft. It was on the burner with nothing in it for quite a long time before I noticed it. When I finally took it off the burner, it was very discolored, not burnt, however. I tried cleaning it with soft scrub and I thought the stain was gone, but when it dried, the stains are still there, like dark blue and dark stain. How can I clean it and get it back to the shiny stainless steel color again?

Thanks for your help.
Linda

Answers:

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! I used it on my pans. It makes them shiny and looking new. Just try it, you will be shocked! (08/21/2005)

By 4crystal2005

I used Stainless steel cleaner, and it came right out. Thanks for the tip, however.

Linda (08/22/2005)

By Linda Watters

For any pan that has been stained, especially white porcelain, rub the spot with toothpaste or with baking soda. Let dry overnight. Wash in hot soapy water and dry as usual. Always works for me. (08/31/2005)

By Walker

We've done this too. Borax works great for this also. The bottom of the pan is like a mirror again. (02/21/2009)

By Mywaywks

Put a couple spoons of baking soda and some water, bring to a boil, and then rinse and dry. Most of the stains should come out. (03/01/2009)

By Sabby

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄