Dark Spots on Skin

I need help quickly; I've got something wrong with my skin and I don't know what it is. On my forehead I've got skin that's dark and it's like it's fake skin or something. Underneath I can see my normal skin. This discolored skin is on my hand, too. I peeled it a bit once, but it kind of hurt that's when I saw the natural skin. It looks really stupid because my face is kind of fair and then dark on top. Anyone know what this is or what I can do to get rid of it?

Anonymous

Answers:

Dark Spots on Skin

Here is a link that might help you identify if this is what you have. In any case, I wouldn't pick at the spots. If you can, go see a dermotologist or doctor to get it checked out.

aocd.org

Susan from ThriftyFun (03/30/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Dark Spots on Skin

Do you take birth control pills? Sometimes that will turn your skin dark when you go out in the sun. (03/31/2005)

Dark Spots on Skin

It is difficult enough for a doctor to distinguish some skin conditions from others with a simple visual examination. There is no way anyone can advise you on a subject such as this over the internet. Don't be silly, see a doctor.

Regards.

Jo (04/05/2005)

By Jo

Dark Spots on Skin

I've been using a soap called SW+SS for treating the same problem, and I am very happy with it. You can look here for more info: theswisscare.com

Hope that helps. (12/02/2007)

By Nikita

Dark Spots on Skin

You're "not" being silly asking. Sever years ago after getting a pedicure I got a really bad rash that lasted about 3 months on both my legs below the knees. I didn't have insurance at the time so went to a family doctor 3 visits instead of a dermatologist. She said she didn't think it was from the pedicure, but it was obvious she didn't know what it was. I kept telling her I thought it was from the pedicure because I'd shaved my legs shortly before the pedicure. She kept recommending products that didn't work. Online someone told me to try something used for jock itch. I'm not joking. Within days of using it on my legs it was gone.

I'm not suggesting you use this for your condition and not saying stay away from the doctor. Just saying sometimes you can learn a lot from others other than doctors. I'm nearly 69 years old and have learned they don't always have the answers. I'm in good health, no meds and have learned to listen to my gut and intuition along with research. I'd go to Medline.com or Mayoclinic.com; these are reputable sites. Don't know how old you are, but are you sure they're not age spots? I get them on my arms and a few on my face. The ones on my arms get dry and I can peel off the skin if I'm not religious about moisturizing them. I've seen a dermatologist for these and it's nothing serious just genetic. (10/22/2009)

By TXBetty

Dark Spots on Skin
woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
A woman covering uneven skin tone with make up.
Remedies for Uneven Skin Tone
🎄
🍂