Dawn Dish Soap for Fleas on Dogs

Can I use Dawn dish soap to get rid of fleas on my dog?

By Connie

Connie, Dawn is the most awesome flea killer. My daughter in law turned me onto it and I've used it ever since. It has to be the "blue" dawn. Just soap up the dog with it and you will actually see those critters rise to the top and fall off. Not only does it work, it's an inexpensive cure. Good Luck.

Thank you so much!! Getting ready to give it a try!!

Dawn has been used for lice on kids, and for oil on birds in oil spill areas. Just keep it out of their eyes. First put a thick ribbon of it all around their neck. When they get into the water the fleas will run in their ears or eyes. This thick ribbon of dawn helps the fleas die before getting to run into their face. Any fleas that do, just pick off.

Leave it on them for about ten minutes, just let them run around with it on them. You could just wash it off right away and it will kill most of the the fleas anyway.

Dawn is my favorite detergent since it does kill so many things that bother animals. For small puppies, that are realllly small, sometimes I will use peroxide and baby shampoo and also on kittens. But I have bathed them in dawn as well. Rinse it all off and go over them with a flea comb. The vet has great topical treatments that work once a month. Some can be taken as a chewable pill, some have to be applied to the skin. (not the fur, the skin, when you part the fur and put it on there.) I like to use Advantage.

Mix a little vinegar in it and it is better and this was on a post on here a couple of weeks ago and it works better and faster and none of the critters live.

I tried dawn, with, and without vinegar. I think it is more effective with vinegar.

dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Pets FleasJune 17, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale