Dealing With Ant Hills

I have a couple of ant hills in my backyard and I was wondering if anyone had a natural way to get rid of them?

Thanks for your help,

Jenn from Canada

Answers:

Dealing With Ant Hills

Sprikle liberal amounts of cinnamon. (06/12/2007)

By GRANMA

Dealing With Ant Hills

If you can find grits (made in the south from corn), sprinkle them on the hill and the workers will take it to the queen. They then will expand in the ant and kill them. (06/12/2007)

By Pat437

Dealing With Ant Hills

Use boiling water the first thing in the morning before they are out. Pour 1 gallon on each hill. (06/14/2007)

By Darrel McCain

Dealing With Ant Hills

Apparently, aspartame (NutraSweet) is toxic to ants. Sprinkle around the ant hills. (06/15/2007)

By Catherine B

Dealing With Ant Hills

I have heard of two ways to deal with ant hills:

1- put a scoop of each ant hill on the other, my mom says they will fight each other to the end

2- some folks put corn meal- let the ants eat a bit of it then water, it will swell and they perish (06/15/2007)

By Dena

Dealing With Ant Hills

Boric acid. Might not sound too "friendly," but remember it is still used (diluted) as an eye wash, and is not toxic to humans or other animals unless ingested in very large amounts. Sprinkle a very little on the anthills and they will disappear. If ants are coming in the house, dust a little (with a small paintbrush) around the door and window openings. Works every time! Boric acid is available at drug stores and at farm supply stores. (06/27/2007)

By wizolwitch

Ant Hill in Forest
Getting Rid of Ant Hills
Girl looking at a pregnancy test.
Dealing With an Unexpected Pregnancy
Black Ant
Natural Ant Deterrents
IRS Audit
Dealing With an IRS Audit
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 5:40:25 PM on 10.0.0.167 in 875 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.