Dealing With Leftovers

Whenever I make a pot of soup, or spaghetti, I take ziplock bags, and portion out the leftovers in each bag. This is usually just the size for a single serving of either.

This is great because you always have a quick lunch or supper with the zap of your microwave! They can also be taken to lunch in an insulated bag, and not eating lunch out will save you at least 5.00!

By Gloria Hussar

Dealing With Leftovers

I am a retired widow who lives alone and I do the same thing. I will cook up a storm of some of my favorite dishes (like sausage and peppers, chili, lentil soup, macaronis, chicken cacciatore, to name a few) and pop them in individual containers and freeze them. When I am out for the day and want something good, the microwave gets a workout. Saves a lot of money too.

LI Roe (01/13/2005)

By LI Roe

A Great Way To Use Leftovers

When I have small amounts of veggies, plain cooked pasta, etc. leftover from meals. I put them in a large freezer bag in the freezer. I gradually keep adding more leftovers until the bag is full. Then I thaw it, add meat of choice, some broth and I have instant soup for a next to nothing cost. Which is wonderful for my large family.

By (01/20/2005)

By Lisa F.

Dealing With Leftovers
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
Girl looking at a pregnancy test.
Dealing With an Unexpected Pregnancy
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
IRS Audit
Dealing With an IRS Audit