Dealing with Thousands of Ants

Ten years of professional extermination: Don't waste your money on ANYTHING at popular retail stores, it's not what works. Those cool looking traps are for you, not the ants. Find a store that specializes in pest control. You don't need a license to buy what I am about to tell you.

The thousands of ants you see everywhere are looking for something they can take back to the queen ant, like an award. They can't take traps or spray. You need to purchase (and in the long run you will come out ahead) granules. I know, it's not exciting and it seems like a waste, but they can carry granules and they will. Just carrying it will kill the worker but slowly, and they will get it to the nest and eventually it will get to the queen and kill her. Eventually, they will disappear as quickly as they showed up.

Last summer my kitchen had a lot of small ants coming up from the basement. One second floor room was also getting a lot of ants.

I killed 2 nests at the same time by mixing 1 part sugar with 3 parts borax and laying it beside the outside walls where there lot of ants spotted going into the basement and also others crawling up the wall from the ground to the second floor.

Honey was also needed to spread on the walls where the ants seen. The Queen needs the honey too because the moistness helps digestion.

I saw this on the internet and it really works. In about a week there are no more ants.

Granules of WHAT?

I think they mean any type of ant poison that has granules, not a liquid bait.