Decluttering Tips

I need to start decluttering urgently. I have an excessive accumulation of craft supplies, books and magazines. Looking for help in getting started with online sales or other methods of decluttering. Need help. Thanks.

Sharon from Thomson, GA

Decluttering Tips

I, too, have been decluttering. I joined and I am able to buy/sell books.
Also, I have joined the local freecycle website, so I can list my giveaway items or items wanted there. Our local library has a bin where people can bring magazines that they no longer need or want. I regularly sort through the magazines at the library and have found older and current issues of popular as well as specialty magazines. We have local thrift stores that resell donated items. And you can get a receipt to count the donation on your taxes. I also ask friends and family if they'd be interested in having any of the books or other items I am getting rid of.
Hope this helps, happy decluttering! (07/29/2008)

By Dibbs

Decluttering Tips

I had an item placed on a box marked FREE and within 30 minutes, the item was gone. It was fun seeing how fast something leaves the FREE box. I intend on doing this until all those unwanted stored items are finally eliminated. I figure if I put a lot out there at once, people will think it's junk and pass it up when really it's just things we don't use or need anymore.

By Lorelei

Decluttering Tips

First you go girl. I am in the same predicament. I had a hard time with fly cluttering up my mailbox so I had to un-join from there. I have had some men here putting in shelves for me and I have chucked stuff, given stuff away and have a large pile for a yard sale in September. I still have mini piles throughout the house but they are getting smaller and there are less of them. (07/29/2008)

By sandy63

Decluttering Tips

I recently cleaned out my files, as well. First, I went through the magazines and catalogs and pulled out any ideas and projects I wanted. If there was nothing, I put it in a pile for selling or donating. For the stuff I wanted to keep, I bought a 3 ring 3 inch binder, and glued the item on cardstock. I write the date on the cardstock when I use the recipe or whatever. I plan to go through the binder every year and pull the stuff I still haven't used to make room for the new stuff I find. (07/29/2008)

By Tigger1971

Decluttering Tips

Also, a good way to recycle your gently used items is FreeCycle. I belong to my local FreeCycle group and enjoy passing on my items to others who will get some use out of my things. These items will no longer be cluttering up your house and you are helping others and the environment by recycling. REMEMBER: Practice safety when using this system. Never give out personal info and meet in a public place to exchange items. Go to and check out your local group. (07/29/2008)

By readingiggits

Decluttering Tips

From a sister clutterer: A group of us crafty women had a craft supply sale at a local church. Each of us brought craft stuff to sell and handled our own sales. We advertised on a local on-line bulletin board, and of course bought lots of each others' things. Newspaper ads would have been better, but we did get some things sold to outsiders. (07/30/2008)

By Nance

Decluttering Tips

I love using Free Cycle in our county. I have given a lot of useful things away. I found that it was easier to group items, i.e. Group 1, 2 and so on and offer them by groups with the caveat that the responder must take all in each group. It's worked wonderfully for me! It's worth checking out. (08/02/2008)

By Syd's 2 cents

How to Declutter Your Life
How to Declutter Your Life
A bedroom dresser that is cluttered and disorganized.
Name Ideas for a Decluttering Business
Porcelain Doll
Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection