Decorating A Pink Bathroom

Decorating A Pink Bathroom
When we moved to this house, the wall tiles were beige colored. I painted them dark red to tone down the pink bathroom, applied a few 'stickers', papered the walls and made the curtains from lace curtain material, backed with a cream silky lining material. This type of curtain was quite expensive to buy ready-made. I bought some cream braid for the tie backs. 9 years on and still looking quite fresh.

By Skinnyjinny from Scotland

Answers:

Decorating A Pink Bathroom

That's pretty. Somehow you got the pink to work right in. Nice! (03/27/2009)

By Cathy S

Decorating A Pink Bathroom

I think you did a fabulous job! If I may ask, what kind of paint is used to paint the ceramic tile that would not chip off? I love your color scheme with the red and white to go with the pink. Great job! (03/28/2009)

By gypsygina

Decorating A Pink Bathroom

Hi gypsygina,
Thanks for your interest. We used a special primer, then 2 coats of ordinary Dulux Satinwood paint and topped it with clear satin varnish. Just make sure the tiles are thoroughly clean before you start! Also we used a small roller to give a really nice smooth finish. The colour, I think, was from the National Trust for Scotland range. I don't know if you'd get satinwood if you are in the States, but it is a very low gloss (satin finish) paint mainly for wood and metal. We used it on a radiator in our last home. (03/29/2009)

By skinnyjinny