Decorating Ideas For Living Room

I am trying to redecorate my living room. Here is the situation; I have 1 red wall, 3 light tan walls, light oak dining room table, black couches, medium oak colored coffee table, and a fireplace with blue on front and med/light blue carpet. Please tell me how I can tie all this together.

By tipecnu from Portage, MI

Answers:

Decorating Ideas For Living Room

I would suggest that the red wall be painted the same blue color as is in the carpet and on the fireplace. Then your three colors in the room would be tan, black and blue. Go to the fabric store and find a black, tan and blue pattern you like and make pillows for your couch and a valance for the window. You could also use this same pattern as a tablecloth for your dining room table. This should help the room look coordinated. (05/16/2009)

By springmaid5

Decorating Ideas For Living Room

Buy a throw run that has all of these colors in it (to put over your wall to wall) and that will work! As a secondary idea, buy throw pillows in these colors too. Lastly, you can also buy a print or painting or even a tapestry, quilt, drapery or wonderful piece of fabric with all of the above colors. The matching rug will be enough and it's the best solution by far. It may take some looking, but it'll be well worth it. If your decor theme is modern then buy a geometric or simple rug, and if your decor is traditional, then buy a traditional rug. (05/16/2009)

By Cyinda

Decorating Ideas For Living Room

If you can't find a pre-made rug, go to a carpeting store and select a carpet you like. Give them your measurements and they will cut and bind a piece of carpet for you! (05/22/2009)

By PENGUINGRANNY55

Decorating Ideas For Living Room
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎄