Decorating Ideas For Living Room

I would like some help on decorating my living room. I'm about to move into a new apartment. I am decorating in kind of fashion things like shoes, purses, models and some "live, laugh, and love" things thrown in.

Well all of my decor is beige and black. My couch is a sectional that is dark brown and beige. I was thinking of getting black and beige curtains, but I don't know. I don't want it to look so boring. Should I throw another accent color in? If so what color? Should I get curtains the color of the accent color?

By Katy from TX

Decorating Ideas For Living Room

If it were me, I'd save the shoes and handbags theme for your bedroom or bathroom and use "nature" as a theme for your living room.

With beige, black, and brown, you can use almost any color. I like different shades of green. But you can use any color as an accent as long as it's a bold, bright shade. (red, bold blue, mustard). But with any green, you can't go wrong., olive, hunter, sage, or lime. Then you'll have the colors of nature for sure. You can use little stones and grass, with textures, too. Nature can inspire many different styles, modern, traditional, or country. Think of all the high-end spas and how they use nature as a reference. Maybe a silk tree and several plants as well.

* Find yourself a nice large throw-rug (in 5x7 or larger) or a big wonderful picture, print or painting that you love and use the color or colors in one of these to choose your accent color(s) from. You can't go wrong this way!

If you buy (or make) curtains in the same color as the wall they are to be hung on (white or whatever the color is) your room will look much larger and you can put color in other places instead. (04/26/2010)

By Cyinda

Decorating Ideas For Living Room

It sounds like to me that you are young and have a happy, positive spirit. Since brown and beige are both bland, neutral colors and you are only young once, Go for it! Whatever your favorite bright color is, punch up the room with it and one more color splashed here and there. Primary colors will work great: the colors in the Crayola color crayon box which has eight crayons in it. Red, with a little orange and yellow here and there, or a bright, bright blue with some purple splashed around, and more and more of whatever you like. It is your home, after all if someone wants to go look at a picture, direct them to the nearest museum or magazine rack. Have fun! (04/27/2010)

By dollyslaffn

Decorating Ideas For Living Room
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors