Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them

Category Decorations
painted pumpkins
While carving pumpkins is the most common way to decorate them for the holidays, you can create funny, scary, and unique pumpkins without carving. A secondary benefit is that they often last longer. This is a guide about decorating pumpkins without carving them.

This year at the end of the season, buy up the Halloween masks when they are in the clearance piles. I purchased masks for pennies each and saved them until the next year. I place them on appropriately sized pumpkins and used them to decorate my front yard. I live across the street from an elementary school and they got lots of views!

By Linda from Lebanon, PA

A safe way for kids to decorate pumpkins.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Take any size pumpkin and let your little one make pictures on the pumpkin with the glue. Don't use too much or it will run down the pumpkin. After the glue is on sprinkle any desired color glitter on the pumpkin.

By Teresa L S. from Campbellsville, KY

Decorate a pumpkin with construction paper. It's safer then a knife carving pumpkin. Then attach beads, etc., whatever you have, even yarn for the hair

By Joyceann from Danvers, MA

Paint your pumpkins with Acrylic paint. Lightly trace face you want on pumpkin and then paint with acrylic paint. When dry spray lightly several times with acrylic spray to protect from damp weather.

By Connie from Ballwin, MO

I buy my Halloween pumpkins at the beginning of October to sit out on our porch. Instead of carving them right away, knowing they won't last until the end of the month, I take a black sharpie marker and draw the eyes, nose, and mouth and color them in, then sit it outside. Then a few days before Halloween I go outside and crave our the eyes, nose, and mouth the way it was drawn on. That way, you get to use the pumpkin as decoration the entire month without it going bad.

This is a guide about making minion pumpkins. These pill shaped characters are easy to make from a pumpkin.

Making Minion Pumpkins

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

So, you don't like mess and you don't need the seeds. You don't like traveling to a pumpkin patch or even the local supermarket for cutters and patterns and such.

Get a faux pumpkin from a thrift or dollar store, grab a sharpie and your imagination. Just mark your pumpkin any old' way you want to! If you are not crafty, look at images on the web for shape inspiration!

N-JOY!

Source: I saw it in several places like Pinterest but nothing specific.

Comment Like this photo? 2