Decorating With Candles

Category Lighting
Decorating With Candles
A wonderful atmosphere can be created when candles are used for lighting. This guide is about decorating with candles.

I love candles. When I am decorating for an event or a holiday, I like to use candles. I always have a bunch of cheap white candles lying around. I like to spice them up with some glue and glitter. I use white school glue and paint the sides of the candle with it and then roll it in different colored glitter, depending on what I need. It's cute and it looks good too! Great centerpiece!

By Kiera

A simple decorating idea. Select a round or square glass dish. Place as many crystal or silver candle holders as will fit (3 or 5) in the container. Place inexpensive glass ornaments (perhaps pear shaped from the Dollar store) around the candle holders -- all going in the same directions. Add red candles to the candle sticks (or the color of your choice), stick a little piece of evergreen or bush from your yard and berries to add color and you have a lovely centerpiece for your table.

By Mitzi from DeLand, FL

I have a new house. I need ideas for decorating the bathroom with candles and flowers. The bathroom is pink.

By Beverly from Parkersburg, WV

We have a pink bathroom too. Pink tile on the walls, pink tile floor, pink sink and toilet, and tub. Black and white have worked best to tone it down. Black/white toile print for shower and window curtains. White walls. Black wall sconces with white candles. Black towels, rugs and toilet seat cover. Green plants for contrast. Quite elegant. Have fun decorating!

Does anyone have ideas for candle arrangements for a pink bathroom in a new house?

By Beverly

Anonymous

It would be helpful if you posted a picture of the bathroom here or gave more details as to size, including countertops, or layout/floor plan. It's hard to give advice without knowing otherwise :-(