Decorating a Sunroom

Wicker chair in a sunroom.
A sunroom often becomes the most popular room in the house. With the right decorating scheme you can bring the outdoors inside. This is a guide about decorating a sunroom.

I need help decorating a room surrounded by windows and doors. I am wondering how to place a couch, wide screen TV and hutch in an 8X15 foot sunroom. My house is small and making this room more usable would be very helpful. Do you have any suggestions?

By Kristen

Answers

Because the room is small you have to be creative. I know it is a sunroom, but I would recommend decorating a small section of windows (maybe 2 windows depending on size) with curtains different from the rest. In front of these windows you will place the TV and opposite, the couch. This defines part of the space for sitting and watching TV while keeping the rest open to let in the light. Hope this helps!

I have a similar problem. Sun coming in from a couple of windows in the sun room hits the tv screen. Can't move the TV due to where the cable connection is located and it's a complicated process to move cable connection due to a lot of brick work. I had inside mounted windows shades installed thinking that would solve the problem but NO. Currently I have heavy black curtains on these two windows until I can figure out another solution that won't break the bank.