Browsing: Decorating a Wedding Reception

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Decorating a Wedding Reception

Next to the ceremony itself, the wedding reception is the next most important event of the day. Decorating the space used for this post-ceremony celebration is an important part of the planning process. This is a guide about decorating a wedding reception.

Wedding Reception
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 8, 2012 Flag

I'm getting married in 8 weeks and my reception is at the VFW. That's all I can afford. I have 3 kids, plus my sisters 3 kids, plus another teenager so we're poor! lol I need something way inexpensive to cover the wall with the flags on them. Someone please help. I checked out all of the web sites and everything is way too expensive. Any ideas anyone? Please and thank you.

By Jennifer

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You could try crepe paper streamers taped to the ceiling, twisted and taped to the floor - like we used to do for high school proms. Tape the streamers abutting each other so it looks like a solid wall of vertical twists in your wedding colors.

Could you just hang sheets or table cloths down the wall?

I agree with dusty--use sheets (you can use them later) or buy some tablecloths from the dollar store. If you can't afford that, just don't worry about it. People are coming to see the wedding and congratulate the two of you--they'll remember you and not the hall.

I just did a wedding for my nephew at a fire hall. I took material and cut (tore) into 2 inch wide strips and tied to a clothes line ad hung those from the ceiling for a flowing wall cover. I got the material from a fill a bag fabric outlet. I got 20 pieces for $2 a bag...had enough material for table cloths also. Then I made pom poms from tulle and hung from ceiling along with tissue paper pom poms and streamers. The tables had vases filled with fake greenery painted silver. It turned out beautiful. Everybody commented how gorgeous it looked.

June 24, 2016 Flag

My daughter's wedding reception will be in a church activity center that has exposed steel beams in the walls for a total of 6 - 8 beams. How can I disguise them? Thank you for your input/advice.

Instead of going through the expense and sorting through ideas to cover them up, why not focus on drawing people's eyes toward other, prettier things? Flowers, streamers, tables / decor?

That said, you could measure the heighth and length then visit a fabric shop to see if they have anything which fits in your budget and matches your colour scheme? Borrow a staple gun ....

April 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about decorating a barn for a wedding reception. With the right decorations an old barn can become a unique and charming venue for your wedding reception.

A barn decorated for a wedding reception.

January 3, 2005 Flag

My daughter is getting married in June 2005. We are having a simple reception (cake, punch, fruit/veggie trays, finger foods). We will be having the wedding/reception outdoors around noon (the time hasn't been set in stone as of this writing). The wedding will take place in a beautiful field.

My problem is I need suggestions on how to decorate the pavillions where the reception wil be held. I have suggested using tulle and fabric in her wedding colors (yellow/white) to drape the beams, even an ivy/flower combo. She is not very impressed with either idea. She has specific ideas about every aspect of this day except for the pavillion decor (She does, however know that she wants the tables to be dressed in white linen with a yellow/white gingham runner. She will also be setting the tables with simple daisy centerpieces)

I am running out of ideas and time. June will be here before I know it. I am open to and will appreciate any and all suggestions.

Amy

I am planning a May 2009 wedding and it is going to be outside at a Country Club on the golf course. I need help with simple ways to decorate the outside. Our colors and ivory and taupe! Please Help! My email address is joeandmandi1 AT verizon.net so any input would be great!

Does ANYONE have any good ideas in decorating above ground pools and a swing set that can't be moved for an outdoor wedding reception?

Use the fabric to drape not only the post(beams) but also use it to go from the post to the center of the roof and drape in a swag form to meet in middle then use some sort of center piece to hang in center (like flowers on a round foam cover entire ball hang from center with ribbon) use Christmas lights to put in the fabric to set mood. I am having my reception in a barn and this is how I am going to decorate some. hope this helps. you can also use rented trees to set the mood(using lights on them to set the mood) have fun!

I am doing a wedding on a golf course, the ninth tee to be exact i need some ideas of how to make this gorgeous can anyone help me if so please contact me at Elizzy_Sis AT yahoo.com or 870-944-0281 I need help please I only have a short amount of time to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

June 10, 2004 Flag

I have another wedding question. Any ideas for outdoor wedding decorations, tablecloths and centerpieces? White and pink are the colors and I don't want them to blow away.

Thanks!

Hope

I am having my wedding in September 2008. I am renting a rather good size plaza on the beach for $670. My colors are red white and black (not relating to GA bulldogs) My bridesmaids are going to wear red dresses, groomsmen will wear black shirt and ties and me and my fiance will be wearing white! We are going to have the wedding inside around sunset, with the doors open to the beach breeze. The reception will be at night with the white Christmas lights around all of the railing on the balcony. We are doing our own catering. Instead of having real food because it will be around 7 or 8 we are having all deserts in our wedding colors. we are going to have black and white mini cheesecakes, two chocolate fountains(one white, one reg choc.) with marshmallows, strawberries,etc to dip in. We are going to have choc. covered strawberries and many other desserts. There are to small round side balcony on both sides of the main balcony. I believe we are going to have our first dance on one of those, while his uncle plays acoustic on the guitar. and we are going to have everyone light sparklers as we have our first dance so that it is fun for everyone and it will make the pictures very exciting. I am having trouble deciding what music to walk to as I hate the traditional wedding march and I need help coming up with decorations for the ceremony, I hate arches and balloons might look tacky!

Nice! my wedding will be red black and white too, in September 2008, on a platform overlooking the sea at sunset. we've chosen an asian theme, so the bridesmaids will wear black asian style dresses with white trim, the maid of honor will wear black with red trim and they'll all wear matching shoes. the groomsmen will match them (in kung fu suits!) and my fiance and i will wear white. For decorations, i was thinking about putting glow necklaces in 100 bowls of water, maybe 3 to a bowl and putting red petals, or flowers in it as well, i'm toying with the idea of a floating candle as well or a tealight candle in a clear cup in the middle of the bowl. the place is beautiful so i'm not planning to do a lot of other decorations besides arches and petals, if u want to see it, go to www.negrilescape.com i'm going to use takeout boxes for favors as well, to carry off the whole theme, decorate it with ribbons and asian coins and fill it with fortune cookies or candy, not sure yet. I've designed my own invitations with a tori gate on the front, bamboo and English along with Japanese writing. Not sure i've given anybody any ideas but i just thought i'd post all the same.

Our daughter is getting married in June 2008. Picnic themed Reception. We are looking for yellow & white gingham table runners. Any suggestions on where I may find them?

I am getting married on July 4, 2008. I am soo excited and nervous. Any suggestions on center pieces? I need some ideas.. Please offer suggestions.

January 13, 2006 Flag

I'm looking for a cheap way to decorate my hall and tables. Does anyone have any ideas for decorations and a center peice to go on the middle of the tables?

January 20, 2011 Flag

I'm using a fire hall for my wedding reception. I'm having trouble trying to find an inexpensive way to cover 2 11 foot X 50 foot walls. I was thinking to use "S" hooks on the drop ceiling and attaching PVC piping to have it suspended and attaching tulle.

August 8, 2011 Flag

I am stuck on decorating my garage for a wedding ceremony and reception, since it is suppose to rain and outside is out of question. How do I decorate an empty garage for a wedding ceremony and reception for 20 people? My theme colour is all blue colours.

Load More
Weddings ReceptionMay 31, 2013
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 21, 2016 at 12:21:29 PM on 10.0.1.251 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.