Decorating with a Paris Theme

I would like to get some ideas for decorating a bedroom with a Paris theme.

By jasey1 from Midland, TX

Answers:

Decorating with a Paris Theme

I would find an Eiffel tower and make a lamp out of it. (02/01/2010)

By mom-from-missouri

Decorating with a Paris Theme

Here's several ideas:

On TV, I saw where they took plain pillows, pillow cases or plain fabrics or sheets, then took gray and black fabric markers and wrote French words all over the fabrics. They wrote in a slanted lines and just wrote many French words.

I think it would be nice to copy a love poem or a love letter that was written in French. First lay a yardstick or ruler on the fabric then use a special "disappearing ink" pen from the fabric store to draw your straight lines (these lines will disappear in several hours, for a longer lasting line, buy a marker that comes off when dampened with water). Keep your French words in cursive writing "free and easy" and slanted a bit, not "stuffy and stiff".

As far as colors and themes:

I think that black, gray, and a little silver would be nice with pink as your accent color. This would give the room a 1940's Art Deco look. Or you could use a tea-stained parchment color with these words done in brown to look kind of old and faded. This would be more of a late 1800s Paris.

I'm wondering what a big mural, photo, or artwork of the Eiffel Tower would look like on your closet doors? Or better yet, how about buying a big print of Paris then putting an old window over this print. This would make it look like you were looking out the window on to the streets of Paris!

Then how about hanging a little flower planter window box under that fake window-frame. Put little silk flowers in plastic or real clay pots inside the little window box with silk ivy and Spanish moss trailing down. This window box would look nice in old-looking wood or in black wrought-iron.

Also, think "Paris Cafe" and think of using a round wrought-iron table and chairs as your computer desk.

For prints, you might think of something like can-can girls or old art-print copies. But first, you need to decide the "era" you care going for. This with help you pick your colors. Do you want Old Paris, like late 1800s? Or do you want 1930 and 1940's Art-Deco Paris? Or modern "right now" Paris. Pick an era. If you chose the late 1800s (World's Fair era Paris) you could do can-can women prints along with tea-stained fabrics and lace. With the Art-Deco area: Go with silver, pink, gray, and black with W.W. II area prints.

You want a classy-looking Paris style bedroom and not a "cartoon" of Paris. I think that knowing a bit about the history of Paris and choosing a time period will help you a great deal!

A note:

I did some hand painted tiles and ceramic kitchen accessories for a French woman and French teacher who moved to the USA. She said that each area in France has their own colors and design. The area she was from was Provence and the colors aand designs were Sunflowers, yellow and blue. I don't know what county or state Paris would be or what their colors are, but I thought I'd mention this. (02/01/2010)

By Cyinda

A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Baby nursery with a white crib.
Decorating a Baby Nursery
soccer ball sculpture
Decorating a Bedroom With a Sports Theme
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
🎄