Deer Photos and Information

There are many species of these elegant animals found in much of the world. They are often seen in parks and gardens in search of tasty flowers, fruits and vegetables. This page contains deer photos and information.

September 8, 2015 Flag

It was nice to go out in the late evening with Mocha, my calico cat. She loves it when I let her stay out after dark. It certainly was cooler when the sun went down. The outdoor lights were on, but I could see better when the moon came up. It looked big and yellow just over the horizon.

I saw some mule deer and figured Mocha would want to bother them, like usual. She likes to stalk them and pretend she is trying to catch one. I was right- she ran right in, but got nervous when the bucks turned their attention towards her. Her bravado has limits, apparently.

I watched the deer graze for a while, then I sat down in the grass in the middle of the small herd. Soon the five deer lay down to chew their cud. The young six point buck and his doe were nearest to me. I watched them chew and listened to cicadas in the trees somewhere. Mocha got bored when the animals wouldn't play and went to check out prairie dog holes instead. I could barely see her white parts moving in the dark. The buck next to me stretched out all four of his legs.

After about half an hour I needed my circulation back so I got up to collect Mocha. The deer did not bother to rise.

I enjoyed spending some time with my friends. Best of all, there was no price of admission.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Chickens eating peanut butter! I like that.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

August 19, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
The doe raised her fawns in our grove next to the house and garden. We saw them all summer. We live next to a gravel road and they are standing on our front lawn about 150 feet from our house. They also helped themselves to some garden produce. They are beautiful animals.

Photo Location
Picture was taken on our front lawn.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Oh how lucky you are!

I have not lived near "wild" deer in many years and I really miss

seeing how gorgeous they are at all stages in their lives.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

January 10, 2011 Flag

It isn't unusual to have deer in our yard or the driveway. This evening on my way in I saw this beautiful deer waiting at the top of our driveway. I had just checked the mailbox and gotten back in the car when she came out. I had my camera in my work tote so grabbing a shot of her was wonderful.

It is always a blessing to see God's beautiful creatures here in our area. I hope you enjoy this picture as much as I enjoyed taking it.

By Gem

deer on snowy road

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Beautiful.

Marg from England.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 7, 2011 Flag

When I look out my front window, I frequently see these 4-legged, beautiful deer come to visit. They eat the bird seed off the ground, and drink from the bird bath. They would eat out of the bird feeders, but we hang them too high for pillaging. We really love watching them - it adds a lot to our days.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

It's so nice to have wildlife in the yard. Give me the country life any day. We had a couple wild turkey's the other day and always the deer.

Thanks for sharing, Keeper

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 21, 2016 Flag

Deer Family in Winter at Grand Canyon

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Last winter I decided to take a trip to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It is rare that we have cold weather here in Tahiti and I was looking forward to seeing the snow. I had heard that the Grand Canyon was amazing in the winter. I spent a week exploring the Grand Canyon and taking photos.

September 9, 2011 Flag

Deer Below Tree Stand

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a picture of a tree stand my grandson built for hunting season. See the deer right next to it. He sure picked a great spot to spot deer.

August 25, 2011 Flag

Deer alone in the Woods

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We rented a cabin in Canaan Valley several weeks ago. It was so peaceful and beautiful there. Early one night, while out on the back deck, these deer came up real close to the deck. We could almost touch them.

September 15, 2011 Flag

Deer in Park Grazing

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We were at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and walking next to the actual Metroparks. We were looking at the reindeer and I glanced into the park area and there were 3 deer. This one was only about 4 feet away over the fence so I took a picture.

July 19, 2012 Flag

Deer under apple tree.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I looked out the kitchen window this morning and this is what I saw. I think deer are so pretty. They are welcome to enjoy the apples as long as they leave the garden alone and stay out of the highway.

September 6, 2011 Flag

Deer Very Close to Camera in Parking Lot

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Having a picnic at the park. This deer came up to us and took our food.

August 11, 2011 Flag

Deer Seen on Morning Walk in Woods

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a deer my husband and I saw on our walk one morning in Weekii Wachee preserve.

October 4, 2011 Flag

Lonely Roe Deer Laying in Rocks and Grass

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

The little Roe Deer was all alone, so cute all by itself

November 19, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

We recently moved into a campground in Milton, FL and our neighbors feed the deer daily in their yard. All the campers line up to watch and some of them have never seen a deer this close. It's as much fun to watch the spectators as it is the deer!

July 1, 2010 Flag

Wildlife: Deer in Topanga State Park (CA)

This picture was taken at Topanga State Park. We spotted 3 deer grazing and when we moved closer they did not get scared at all so I took some pictures.

By Becca

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos WildlifeDecember 11, 2014
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden, Doe in Suburban Garden
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 10:13:04 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.