Depression Era Cookbook

Is there someone out there who has a "Depression Era cookbook" that they are willing to share with me? I would appreciate it so very much. Thank you for your time and kindness. Take care, God bless you, and your loved ones.

By Cassie

Dover books have a lot of vintage type books and they are reasonably priced. Th is sounds like something they would have. You could look through their selection here.

http://doverpublications.stores.yah ... by-subject-cookbooks--nutrition.html

I get sample of their books in my email, they have a lot of good books on unusual things, like Victorian Clothing, Paper Dolls, etc.

Blessings,

Robyn

I have a cookbook from 1941. Are you looking for a particular recipe? I would never part with the cookbook but am willing to share a recipe.

I collect cookbooks and don't wish to part with any, but if you'll tell me what kind of recipes you're looking for, I'll see what I can find.

amazon.com has them

Depression Era Recipes by Patricia R Wagner (Spiral-bound - Nov 1992)

Buy new: $9.95

29 new from $5.00 35 used from $1.86

You can go to www.amazon.com and click on "Books", then type in Depression Era Cookbooks. There is a book by Patricia R. Wagner that you may be interested in. Also, Clara's Kitchen which looks adorable because Clara actually experienced the Great Depression. You can also type in "depression era recipes" and check that out. Good luck and I send you happiness from my kitchen to yours. Sharon Stone Gibson, Costa Rica

I have even downloaded some books orignially publish in the 16th & 17th centries.I have found these free books at Amazon eBooks. You don't need a Kindle to read them just down load the free Kindle software to your PC and then you can get as many free ebooks as you can wish. The books are all public domain. I shortened the url to http://tinyurl.com/3e2cjhr or just go to Amazon and type in free ebooks.

hope this helps

I have "Farmer's Wife Cookbook". I can copy a recipe for you. Just let me know what you want. I do have Era Depression Recipe book but I have to locate it.

Hi Cassie,

Here are two very old free resources I have recently found...My goal is to learn to bake all my own breads using good old fashioned recipes :)

Recipe Ideas for a Thrifty Family

I found this amazing little gem a month ago. First published in 1914 by the U of Maine, they have it on their website and I was able to find a free pdf version:

http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/4050.htm

The Frugal Housewife

I haven't spent much time looking at this one yet but it's from the 1800's! I know I'm giving you pre-depression era but still worth a look :) This one is a free ebook: http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/html/books/book_06.cfm

You can get the cookbook "Depression Era Recipes" at Amazon.com. You can buy either the new one : $9.95 or a used one starting at the price of $1.86. I do have the cookbook and the recipes are good. If there is any in the cookbook you want. I would be glad to email them to you. Just let me know.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksJune 15, 2011
Homemade Recipe Book Holder
Making a Cookbook Holder
Two kids making fruit kabobs.
Making a Cookbook for Kids
A woman looking at her medical bills.
New Era Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews
Depression Era Bank
Frugal Living Lessons from the Great Depression
🎉
🎄