Determining Fair Market Value for Donations

How can I determine the fair market value for a car seat, infant swing, infant walker, and exercise equipment?

By kb from Cincinnati, OH

Answers:

I use to work for donations at a Goodwill. This was the most asked question. These places are not allowed to put a price on your items, but make sure that you do get a receipt on every visit. It is up to the person donating to keep a $ value on the items. I'm not sure, but I think the tax laws have changed as far as how much you can write off. Be sure to check into that. If you go to www.bankrate.com, they have a guide for you. Just put donation valuation guide into their search box and it will come up. I believe it is the first on the list. Good luck! (02/22/2011)

By maryeruth

Use the Google search engine and find the website for the Salvation Army or Goodwill. One of these sites provides a list of donations such as clothing, furniture, etc. and gives you the fair market value of each. (02/22/2011)

By MCW

Woman with a box labeled Donation Clothes
Determining Fair Market Value of Donations
red, blue, and yellow prize ribbons
Winning Craft Entries At The State Fair
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops
🎄