Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Adding DE (diatomaceous earth-food grade) to your seed starting soil will eliminate most little buggies and grubs that kill the seedlings. DE can also get rid of parasites by putting it in your dog's food, it will also help older dogs with joint troubles.

By bailey36 from Dowagiac, MI

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

Please make sure you get food-grade DE. Pool-grade DE, sold at Home Depot, etc. is strictly for pool filters and should never be used for any other purpose. (04/15/2010)

By pjabiff

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

DE is also good for ridding cats and dogs of fleas. You need to make sure you get the proper DE. There is another type for pools and you don't want that. You want "FOOD GRADE" diatomaceous earth. (04/15/2010)

By Needtoknow

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control

DE is one of the best natural product I have ever used. The way it works is the silica (which DE is made of) slices through the critters bodies and kills them.

I use it every day on my animals. I mix it in my dog, cat, horse and chicken feed. This will help kill internal parasites and it only takes a very tiny amount. Also, I use it externally on all my animals to help kill fleas, ticks and mites. I lightly dust them with the DE and use my bare hands to rub it in.

With my 30 chickens, I dust their bottoms with DE to kill mites, dust the chicken coops with each cleaning to kill the mites that hide in the cracks and roosts, and put a small amount of DE in their favorite dust bath sites.

You can order it on line, or check with farm co -ops. (04/17/2010)

By raknhorse

Diatomaceous Earth for Bug Control
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Buying Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth