Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I have a white, two door refrigerator with textured handles. They look horrible. I have tried Magic Eraser to no avail. Does anyone have a successful cleaning method? I sure would appreciate any help.

Mitzi

Answers:

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Baking Soda. It works great when mixed into a paste with water. It's the only thing that's worked on my fridge. It also works well on the textured top of the dishwasher that never seems to come clean. Good Luck to you! (09/12/2005)

By Madelynnsmama

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Use a cloth, or sponge, dipped in Vinegar and sprinkled with Baking Soda. Vinegar & Baking Soda take out most stains, including pet stains, blood stains, and underarm stains on clothing. It works like magic. (09/12/2005)

By Denny

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

All I use on my refrigerator is just Windex. It works great for me. (09/12/2005)

By Joyce wis

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I cleaned that today with soft scrub. The door handles were very dirty, the soft scrub made them white again.
(09/12/2005)

By sandy

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

We put hand towels through our refrigerator/freezer handles. These are great for opening the door with and drying wet hands on. When they get dirty, toss them in the wash. Though this doesn't help clean dirty handles, it sure helps preventing them from getting dirty in the first place. (09/13/2005)

By Marietta (Guest)

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

If the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser did not work, and I will assume you have tried to scrub it with some form of soft scrub or baking soda, comet or something along those lines. Then my suggestion would be steam, I have one of those steam cleaners and I use it for tough areas like this. If you do not have one maybe you could imitate the steam effect by taking a rag and get it wet, pop it in the microwave for a minute, and then take the rag and rub the handles. You might want to wear some gloves, as the rag will be hot. (09/13/2005)

By witchdancer4

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Sometimes it's difficult to get in the little grooves, no matter what kind of cleaner you use. I have a toothbrush that I use for cleaning small places. It works great on textured handles. Dip the toothbrush in a small amount of cleaner and brush the handle, and it will come clean in seconds. (09/15/2005)

By mousie

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Try TSP (look for it in your local hardware store). I use it on the tops of my coolers. When we go camping they get so dirty. I just moisten the top of the cooler then sprinkle on the TSP, let it sit for a few minutes and wash it off and
it comes sparkling white. For your fridge handles, try putting the TSP on a moist cloth and wrap it around the handle for a few minutes. (09/16/2005)

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Grease Lightening cleaned mine. Just spray it on, let it sit for a second, and scrub with toothbrush. (10/31/2005)

By Marla

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I have a white, side by side fridge, and the handles were getting dirty. I tried other products but it was the Magic Eraser that did the trick. They came so clean and look brand new. The fridge is only 3 yrs old though. (01/12/2006)

By Debbie52

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Thanks for the great tips! (03/20/2006)

By Ron

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

Well I can't believe it. I have used soft scrub and a rag several times over the years and have never had any luck. At this point my white handles look horrible. After reading this page, I just used soft scrub and a toothbrush, duh. My 1993 fridge handles look like they are brand new. Thanks for the tip. (07/07/2007)

By CleverGirl

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I was about to purchase new door handles for my Kenmore refrigerator because I couldn't get them clean. When I realized that it was going to cost me over $80 to do that, I went back to the drawing board. My husband suggested Armor All, and it worked like a charm. (09/06/2008)

By L.G.

Dirty Refrigerator Handles - Use Shaving Cream

The absolute best and easiest way to clean the vinyl refrigerator door handles is to use shaving cream. Yes, common variety shaving cream. Apply liberally all over the door handles and let it sit for 10 minutes. Wipe off with a damp towel while slightly agitating. The grit and grime melt away completely. If you have an extremely dirty handle, then you may need a second application, but most will clean completely without one. The final appearance looks like you bought some new handles. In my case, I had white handles and they look totally new. It's really quite amazing. There's no downside. (02/01/2009)

By Craig

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I tried the shaving cream. It really works. Not too much elbow grease either. Thanks for the hint. (02/08/2009)

By Jim

Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I just read where Vol 40 cream developer that you can buy at beauty supplies works to restore ABS plastic to original color. Expose them to UV light, (sunlight). I'm going to take off my handles, coat them in the developer, wrap with plastic wrap and set them where they get sunlight. I will keep a check on them and rotate to expose. Warned to not let the developer dry or you will have blotchy results and the developer will be hard to get off. Going to give this a try. March, 2016

Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
Woman with disgusted face by refrigerator
Removing Odors from a Refrigerator
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄