Disability Benefits for My Children

My ex-husband has been receiving disability benefits for himself for over 15 years. I recently found out that he has been claiming that he has full custody of our 2 children and is receiving disability benefits in their names also. We have been divorced for 13 years and have legal joint and physical custody of our children. Should I be receiving half of their benefits since we share custody and our children live with me half of the time?

By C.D.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Call and ask. You will never know for sure until you do. He's not cheating you, he's cheating his children.

Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportSeptember 18, 2013
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:10:56 PM on 10.0.2.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.