To Top

Disability Benefits for My Children

My ex-husband has been receiving disability benefits for himself for over 15 years. I recently found out that he has been claiming that he has full custody of our 2 children and is receiving disability benefits in their names also. We have been divorced for 13 years and have legal joint and physical custody of our children. Should I be receiving half of their benefits since we share custody and our children live with me half of the time?


By C.D.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in February! Click here to find out more...


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 18, 20130 found this helpful

Call and ask. You will never know for sure until you do. He's not cheating you, he's cheating his children.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportSeptember 18, 2013
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
Fourth of July Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/05/16 08:12:02 in 3 secs.
Loading Something Awesome!