Dishwasher Not Draining Water

My dishwasher won't drain. I don't see anything caught in the drain. It cleaned the dishes just fine but won't pump out the water. It is a Whirlpool.

Rae Ann from Templeton, CA

Answers:

Dishwasher Not Draining Water

My husband fixed the dishwasher by removing a plug of garbage in the drain to the sink release valve. (04/24/2008)

By rae

Dishwasher Not Draining Water

There might be something wrong with the pump itself. I advise you to call repair and have it serviced by a professional. (04/24/2008)

Dishwasher Not Draining Water

I agree with rae. Google the problem, and you will come up with some directions to remove the overflow valve from your sink near the faucet and how to clean it out. When this happened to me it took about 5 minutes, that's all. Even if this turns out to not be the problem, you've only wasted 5 minutes! For me it solved the problem. (04/24/2008)

By Katie A.

Dishwasher Not Draining Water
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎄
🍂