Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

I have a VERY old dishwasher and apparently the cup isn't automatically springing out to release the dish washing liquid anymore. Is there a product out there I can use instead of using the released cup of detergent built-in? Are those the Electrosol tabs I see in the store?

Many Thanks!
Katie from Chicago

Answers:

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

Yep, the Electrosol tabs work, but you still have to stuff them into the door and shut it (don't use the Cascade ones, your dishwasher is already old and the plasticy things don't dissolve well). Best thing to do is replace the dishwasher. Ultimately your old dishwasher is probably costing a lot of money to run, they aren't water or energy efficient at all! But if you can't do that, you might want to do a load with vinegar (cup at the bottom in a bowl) to dislodge some buildup. (02/18/2007)

By michawnpita

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

I use the tabs and just put them in the dishwasher. It is all clean so it's ok. (02/19/2007)

By sandy63

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

I never put the electrosol tabs in the dispenser. I just throw them in the bottom of my dishwasher and the dishes always come out clean. (02/21/2007)

By GK,Winnipeg, Canada

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

I've had problems with those doors before, so I now just pour the detergent in the cup and then let it fall to the floor of the dishwasher as I close it. I've never had a problem with unwashed dishes or my dishwasher. But that's just me. I would have suggested those detergent bullets, too. (07/02/2007)

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap

Fill your soap dispenser with either powdered Tang or powdered lemonade and run empty of dishes. I did this twice and it cleared up the problem. The ascorbic acid cleaned it up. (12/30/2008)

By Krista

Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Dishwasher with an open door.
Dishwasher Not Releasing Soap
🎉
🎄