Does My Dog Have Mange?

I think that my dog has mange. She is loosing bits of hair everywhere. What can I do?

Lynn

Answers:

Does My Dog Have Mange?

It could be shedding or a number of other issues. The vet can test the skin to see if it is mange. It would be best to consult on this, and then you will know what it is. (02/02/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Does My Dog Have Mange?

Mange is a parasite, you need to see the vet for help. (02/03/2009)

By c t

Does My Dog Have Mange?

If you can't afford the vet, go to the local hardware and buy mange dip, and follow instructions. I live in a rural area and even Walmart carries it for about 15.00 dollars. I'm not an expert, but I breed dogs for a living and the breeder who got me started is very knowledgeable. I've learned a lot of these things, we can handle ourselves. (02/03/2009)

By Denise

Does My Dog Have Mange?

Pour some tea tree oil into your dog's shampoo, and shampoo it really well, being careful not to get any in the eyes. Tea tree oil will not only kill the mange, it will soothe any sore spots your dog may have. You can repeat if necessary. Tea tree will not hurt your dog, is relatively cheap, and is an easy fix. Forget the toxic dips. (02/04/2009)

By susanmajp

Does My Dog Have Mange?

A microscope is necessary to know if it really is mange. You can bring your sample (a little skin scraping) to the vet and ask for just the test. Then search "mange" for the best treatment. Tea tree oil or vinegar will make the parasites laugh. (02/05/2009)

By kimhis

Does My Dog Have Mange?
Remedies for Dog Mange
Remedies for Dog Mange
Dog on Homemade Rope Leash
Making Your Own Dog Leash
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
dog in a crate
Adult Dog Pees in Crate
🎄
🍂