Does the Wind Remove Mineral Powder Makeup?

I want to know how the bare mineral makeup sticks to the skin. It is a form of powder and powder just disappears off my skin the minute the wind picks up. Do you have to wear a moisturizer under it? I don't want to buy it unless I know it won't be a waste of my money.

By Robin F. from TN

Best Answer

Go to a store that sells bare minerals and ask them to to show you how it works and apply some. Go about your day and see if you like the way it looks/holds up. Here in Cincinnati, we have bare mineral stores. Also, Sephora stores (even the ones inside JC Penny) carry bare minerals as well. Sometimes you can get small free samples. I do this with almost any make up so I try before I buy since there are so many choices and I don't want to waste my money on something that just isn't for me.

The powder "sticks on" with the moisture and natural oils of your face, as does all face powder, which has always contained natural minerals. This is a marketing ploy and does not mean the product is anything new. Or better.

I don't know about it being a marketing ploy. I have rosacea and it does help my face look more even toned than any other makeup. It does have to be applied properly with the proper brush or you just have a lot of powder on. When I first got mine I was able to buy a starter kit with smaller jars. Perhaps you can look into that. The place I bought it from also applied it to my face so that I could see if I liked it. They were helpful also in that I would not have known which shade to buy on my own.

The mineral makeup does not have any oils or other chemicals that the other make up has. It does combine with your natural oils and stays on the skin very well. My daughter has allergies and I have sensitive skin so I tried it about 7 years ago thinking it was likely a scam. I loved it. My skin looks really good and so does hers (I am 54 and she is 27) I use Bare Minerals and have tried some other brands, but go back to Bare Minerals.

I've been using Bare Minerals for six years and I will never use anything else again. Here's my routine; I wash my face in the shower. After shower I dot on my eye cream and let it be absorbed while I brush my teeth. I then use my face moisturizer and let it soak in while I style my hair. By then the facial moisturizer is absorbed and ready for my Bare Minerals. I will hit the big 50 in a few days and I've had people refuse to believe me when I tell them so. I never got that when I used all of the other products. It blends so well and it's really easy to use. I say go for it!

I am going to the FigisGallery.com and I am going to buy their off brand of mineral makeup. It comes with three different types. This way I will have a long time to pay it off and they give you until Sept to start paying. I am going to try this now that I received a lot of good reviews on it from this site.

I am also going to the mall and and have them show me how to use it. I am almost fifty too and I love having something new to try as far as my face. I have been just wearing lipstick for so long now I am ready to try something else.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Robyn Fed

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips PowderJune 26, 2011
Repairing Wind Chimes
Repairing Wind Chimes
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
🎄
🍂