Dog Gets Car Sick

What can I do to avoid car sickness for my small dog?

Orab from FL

Answers:

Dog Gets Car Sick

Mine does the same thing just make sure he/she has not eaten or had anything to drink for some time. When Princey has a full tummy she upchucks. I make sure she has an empty tummy, also the windows are down, too. She doesn't go on long car rides though just short ones. She also likes sitting in the back seat of the car sometimes I put her in the front depending what is going on. (08/05/2008)

By Barbara

Dog Gets Car Sick

We had a carsick puppy. Thankfully that has gotten better. He's now 18 months old. Our vet said we can give the dog children's Benadryl liquid (for humans). There is a certain dosage amount per the weight of the dog. Please ask your vet for the proper amount. It acts in the same way as some of the prescription medications I see written about. You can get generic or store brand children's Benadryl for little cost, even at the Dollar Store. We'd always line the dog's area in the car with old bath towels. Upon arrival home we'd shake them out and launder them. That saved the car. (08/05/2008)

Dog Gets Car Sick

We had the same problem with our 80 pound dog. Our Vet told me to start with small car rides and get her used to the car. We would take her for a ride around the block every day when we got home from work. She actually started looking forward to it! We then slowly worked up to two and then three blocks. It helped that we also took her for longer rides to Mc Donald's for 99 cent burger. She is fine now and has no more problems. Loves to go for her rides! Good luck with you dog. (08/05/2008)

By Nancy

Dog Gets Car Sick

My sister-in-law used to have a Basset Hound that couldn't ride without getting sick. She would give him a chewable Pepto-Bismol tablet 1/2 hour before they went "on the road". It worked every time! (08/06/2008)

By Crafty Chrissy

Dog Gets Car Sick

I wouldn't take him in the car. Good luck.
(08/06/2008)

By Carol in PA

Dog Gets Car Sick

My Yorkie also got carsick. I give him about 4 drops of Bach Rescue Remedy about an hour before we go in the car. It works. It also works to soothe him when there is a thunderstorm. You can find it in any health food store. It is also good for human use. (08/06/2008)

By soochatty

Dog Gets Car Sick
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
🎉
🎄