Dog Has Smelly Skin

I have a 7 year old Pit Bull. He has a terrible odor coming from his skin. We bathe him often and have tried so many different soaps. He confines himself in small areas and cries all day. He constantly is itching and biting until he bleeds. Do you recommend a special soap we could try or do you think this could possibly be allergies? Help please!

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My sister's dog had allergies and eczema. Her skin also gave off an unpleasant odor. She had special cream prescribed by the vet. You cannot get those creams on your own, so I think a visit to the vet is warranted.

Most likely he has a yeast infection on his skin. He probably needs to see the vet for a prescription.

I, also, think a trip to the vet is the way to go. But until then, try a grain free food/diet (wet or dry) and Happy Jack Itch No More shampoo. I got the shampoo at Tractor Supply and it worked wonders for my pug mix. Check it out. Good luck with your baby!

Sounds very much like yeast fungus and or ear fungus. Probiotics help, also apple cider vinegar and water rinse poured over him after a bath. There is a special shampoo you can get that works on fungus called Malaseb. I had this issue with my spaniel. I put him on a grain free dog food, fed him yogurt daily, gave him probiotics and used the acv rinse after the Malaseb shampoo. It was a lot of work but saved him from steroids.

If it is yeast or fungus, you have to put him on a low-carb diet to really get it to go away. Yeast and fungus feed on sugar from carbs and you have to cut off the source. Put the dog on a high protein food with no grains at least until the other things you are doing to clear up the yeast work.

BTW, this also works for humans who are always having yeast and fungal infections. Starve the little buggers out.

Dog laying on a couch.
Remedies for Stinky Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthJanuary 9, 2017
Steam Cleaning Smelly Carpet
Cleaning Smelly Carpet
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
Smelly Sandal
Preventing Smelly Sandals
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:19:21 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.