Dog Has Yeast Infection on Legs

Our dog is biting on her legs and feet. Her white legs are turning brown. What can we use to help her?

By Marilynne A

This is the best link I have ever read regarding yeast infection in dogs:

http://www.grea  _mini_course.htm

Now for my results which I had with my German Shepherd who had a problem. I would give her a dawn bath with Tea Tree Oil. You get about 1/2 cup of dawn dishwashing liquid and put in a capful of tea tree oil. You mix this up with your finger. Then make sure the dogs coat is all wet, the legs etc. When the fur is wet, then massage in the Tea Tree and Dawn Mix. Get it all in the coat, away from the eyes, and with a washcloth wash the inside flaps of the ears. Let this sit, three minutes if you can, and rinse, rinse, rinse.

Some dogs are sensitive to the tea tree oil. If the dog is suffering from yeast so bad as yours is, then I would try it anyway. Do not ever use Tea Tree oil on cats. Don't use it undiluted on any animal although this same recipe with vinegar added, only 1/4 cup dawn and one capful tea tree oil and 1/4 cup vinegar is the best mite killer to use on kids hair. Sometimes the dawn alone will do it but I digress.

Now you need to change the diet to one with no corn wheat or soy. Start at the Tractor Supply Stores or feed supply stores and look at the diamond foods, or the Just Four foods. The better diet your dog has the better off he will be. That is why it is great to have less dogs, because you can buy better food for them!

Blessings, Robyn

The yeast is a food allergy problem. If changing the dry food doesn't help. A raw meat diet will take care of the allergy as my daughter learned with her little dog's allergy.

Can I use vagisil wash on my dog?

My dog is itching all the time and has dark on the back of her back legs