Dog Itching

How do I stop dog itching? She looks like she's got some sort of mange or just really bad fleas.

Ken from Houston, TX

Answers:

Dog Itching

First a good moisturizing shampoo and make sure she has no fleas by using a monthly flea treatment. Next check her diet to see if her food is high in omega 3 and 6. These are essential for moist skin in dogs. Most quality dog foods are high, but my vet suggested an omega 3 and 6 capsule supplement (about $20.00 month). Gave my dog two caps daily and within two weeks itching stopped and fresh hair came in. If it continues have vet check for mites. (10/06/2007)

By Darnie C.

Dog Itching

My dog was scratching because I'd switched his food and he was allergic to it. Scratched the hair off the hind legs before we figured it out, changed his food he quit scratching and grew it back.

Sometimes it's just dry skin, give wheat germ oil capsules, or vitamin E, or a small amount of bacon grease. (10/08/2007)

By Crystal

Dog Itching

Take your dog to the vet for a correct diagnosis. You don't want to fool around if it's mange, and a lot of animals are allergic to fleas. (10/08/2007)

By Maryeileen

Dog Itching

I just tried Duck and Potato on my dog. He also got the shot which helped a lot. His bright pink skin became white again. It has be 3 weeks and he is still doing good. I just hope he stays that way. The new food is called "Penicle". (10/08/2007)

By Lisa

Dog Itching

I have my dogs on a raw diet (Natures Variety). I noticed a big difference when I gave them bee pollen in their food. They rarely itch. I had read that it is good for allergies and is very healthy for them. I also give them fish oil and vitamin E capsules. Good luck. (08/26/2008)

By Maryanne

Dog Itching

My Labrador gets a summer itch. The most effective treatment we have found is Tryptophan (250 mg twice a day) and fish oil. This year we also had her clipped as soon as the hot weather arrived. That seemed to help, too. (02/10/2009)

By Rex

A dog scratching with its hind leg.
My Dog is Itching
Skin Itch
Something in Apartment Is Making Skin Itch
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
🎉
🎄