Dog Itching

My poor baby is itching a lot. She has no fleas, I have been giving her children's Benadyrl, but she is still itching. Any suggestions, before I take her to a costly vet? I am recently unemployed, but of course I will take her to the vet if she does not stop itching soon. Thank you all.

By Dog Itching for Relief from Orange County, CA

Answers:

Dog Itching

Sulfadine is great and so is baking soda/water paste. Make sure they can't lick each place, so a Victorian collar might be in order. Baths with baking soda in the cool water also help. Good luck. (07/23/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Dog Itching

After a lot of testing, I found out my dog was allergic to corn. Most dog food has corn in it. When I eliminated corn from his diet, he got better. Also, I bought Dramamine for dogs online at Ped Meds. 100 dog Dramamine pills = $6.00 (generic name = Banophen). It calms my current dog down nicely (for us it is used when we travel). (07/24/2009)

By mulberry204

Dog Itching

Before I'd go the drug route I'd try putting olive oil on his food; it's good for dry skin. Just a suggestion. (07/24/2009)

By TXBetty

Dog Itching

Our little Yorkie mix had the same problem. He itched and bit so much that his hair just about all fell out. Like you we didn't think we could afford to take him to the vet, but he was so miserable that we took him. He was allergic to grass and the debris off my husband's shoes from farm work.

Regardless the doctor gave him a shot and now we have to give him 1/2 pill every other day (Medrol 4mg) that we call his "itchy" pill. The pills are only about $15 and last over a month at a time, well worth it. His hair has grown back and he isn'tmiserable anymore, we felt so guilty by not taking him sooner. You might could just ask your vet for the Medrol 4mg, and not be charged a visit. Hope this helps. (07/24/2009)

By sanmer25

RE: Dog Itching

A dog scratching with its hind leg.
My Dog is Itching
Skin Itch
Something in Apartment Is Making Skin Itch
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
🎉
🎄