Dog Not Eating

What does it mean if my dog is not eating?

By Dannyelle from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Dog Not Eating

How long has the dog not been eating? What other symptoms does he have? Is he doing anything else that isn't normal behavior for him? If he hasn'9;t been eating for more than a day, I'd take him to the vet for a checkup. He may be sick. (01/21/2010)

By Molly539

Dog Not Eating

Any pet that won't eat is sick. You shouldn't wait another minute to get him to the vet. I've known many people who saved the lives of their pets by acting quickly and getting the animal to a doctor. Please call right now for an appointment! (01/22/2010)

By PainterLee

Dog Not Eating

Yes, please talk to your vet. When our Mastiff didn't eat for three days (with no change in his diet to account for it,) we called our vet. He also had developed a large, hard lump on his abdomen that turned out to be cancer. Our vet talked us out of euthanizing him then, and all we could do was pray and ask our friends to do likewise.

I believe we've experienced a canine miracle healing. The tumor shrank down to almost nothing within days, he started eating again, and is still with us several months later! (01/23/2010)

By JustPlainJo