Dog Not Eating

A few days ago one of my dogs began to not eat her food. She coughs and acts like she needs to throw up but doesn't and she is constantly whining and wanting to play all the time with my other dog. What's wrong with her?

Daisy from Fargo, ND

Answers:

Dog Not Eating

Double-check that there is nothing stuck in her throat just in case the vet missed it. She could have eaten something that is stuck in her stomach - that happened to my dog after he ate a spatula. They took X-rays to detect the blockage. In any case, another vet should be able to give a better prognosis. Best of luck to you & your dog. (10/17/2006)

By FrisbeeMoose

Dog Not Eating

First, go to the vet. My chi started a dry cough and trying to vomit w/no results. Turns out she has a heart problem, and the cough is from the heart pressing on the esophagus, triggering the cough. I'm not saying that is your problem, but it is an example of the many different things it could be, and only a vet can tell you for sure, and recommend the appropriate action to take. And find a vet that will respond and talk to you, and really cares, not one that is dismissive of your problem. (10/17/2006)

By Tripleb

Dog Not Eating

Have you checked the dogs teeth? This happened to my dog this summer. He wouldn't eat, he has abscessed teeth and he just had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks and he was doing much better. (10/17/2006)

Dog Not Eating

Your dog is sick. If it were my dog, I'd take her to the vet. Animals have no way to tell us what is wrong. If shes whining (crying), shes trying to tell you. If you don't do something, your pet may die.

Best wishes,
(10/18/2006)

By Carol in PA

Dog Not Eating

Has your dog been around other dogs or in areas where many other dogs go? Kennel, alley, etc. It sounds like kennel cough. Our dog had it a while back. You must keep them confined from one another because it can pass quickly. Look up home remedies for kennel cough - we did, though I don't remember what we used.. some cough syrup that did wonders for ours and got him over it. (10/18/2006)

By Charly

Dog Not Eating
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
sad dog
Dog Not Eating After Other Family Dog Died
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄