AdviceDogs

Dog Not Eating After Other Dogs Must Leave

Our Pitbull has lost his 3 doggy friends, due to the fact that my daughter can't keep 4 dogs on property. They kept the Pitbull, and he has not eaten for almost a week. He is so precious. He is 2 years old and does not want to eat. I sit with him when I feed him outside. He will not eat inside.

He gets so much love. But I, the grandma, am leaving in a few days. The kids are in school all day and my daughter works. She pops in every now and then, but does not stay. When I go out and feed him, he will take one or two bites, and that is it. I even put in some tuna fish, which he loves, but that does not help. He was a doggy garbage vacuum, when the other dogs were here.

I am leaving to go home and that will be another thing he will have to go through. He is my buddy. He sits while I do the dishes, right next to me, and even when I have to go to the bathroom. I know that he will be depressed when I go and that will add more stress to his precious life, as I am with him all day, while visiting.

I need help, because I am going to worry that he will not eat at all, when I am gone. Help!

By Lanette k.

They can't keep 4 but can they keep 2? Can you take him?

Can you take the dog? Seems like it has got attached to you. The people who own the dog need to see if someone can take the dog. Their lives so busy, they don't have time with him. Or get another puppy so it will have friend with him, when people are not home. Sounds like he's lonesome. Good Luck.

The dog is is mourning. I have dealt with this before. I suggest that you feed the dog with a spoon, soft dog food, really good stuff, until he gets his appetite back. You might also try leaving little bits of good meat around on the floor to perk up his appetite. Give him lots of one on one time, pets, soft voice assurances etc. Tuna or salmon would also be something I would try, because of the odor it might perk up his appetite. Take him for walks on a leash. treat him well, he'll start eating again because dogs have a strong survival instinct. Good Luck and be patient with him.