Dog Pee Stain on Carpet

I have a large recurring urine stain from our Alaskan Malamute puppy that she keeps going back to. I have used vinegar, Spot Shot, commercial products, steam cleaner products and the stain reappears after a day. Do you have any suggestions?

Laurie1313 from Port Huron, MIchigan

Answers:

Dog Pee Stain On Carpet

Although I'm not sure, I would think that since enzymatic cleaners dissolve the molecules that make animal urine smell, it may take the stain out of the carpet. You can buy these at the pet store, and I know they work extremely well on odors, as I had two male cats (you know how bad their urine stinks!) who overmarked each others' territory constantly until I treated the carpet with the enzymatic cleaner. Hope this helps. (02/01/2005)

By Terry

Dog Pee Stain On Carpet

I've heard about a lot of things that helped, but since I'm on a budget, I tried to find something that I already had around the house to use. I already had some Simple Green (it comes concentrated, but I dilute it) and I spray the pee spot and scrub it with a little scrub brush (with bristles). Later, when I vacuum, I use the Arm & Hammer Pet Odor removal Carpet powder and the vacuum. It leaves the WHOLE house smelling fresh! I also buy the Arm & Hammer brand training pads for him to use it on. It absorbs the odor and work very well! Good Luck!~ (02/02/2005)

By pojo

Dog Pee Stain On Carpet

In the past I have used a spray of white vinegar on the stain, then clean it with the carpet cleaner. It does not always get the stain out though but try it. (02/02/2005)

By Sandy

Dog Pee Stain on Carpet

Spend the money on a good quality commercial urine stain remover that deodorizes the spot - not "covers" the smell (AND all the underlying padding, etc.). It is needed to stop the odor from attracting a pet back to the same place. (12/20/2005)

By aardvark

Natures Miracle

Natures Miracle works great. There is another product that is cheaper in price that does the same thing... called Simple Solution Stain and odor remover. You have to follow the directions and it works. (12/20/2005)

By Cindy A.

Dog Pee Stain on Carpet

Try the enzymatic cleaner called Nature's Miracle. It comes in a white bottle with red wording. It takes out pet stains and odors like nothing else. It even takes out cat urine smell. You can find it at pet stores, most of the big ones carry it, PetSmart, PetCo. (12/21/2005)

By cyclendogs

Dog Pee Stain on Carpet

I'm not sure if this takes the stain out but i know it takes the odor out. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet, wait ten minutes, and vaccum. It takes the odor out and may take some of the satin out. (06/29/2007)

By Kris

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄