Dog Peeing Inside House

I have a Lab and he is almost 3 years old. During the day he stays outside, but at night when we are home he comes in. Well, he has found a spot that he likes in the house and he urinates on it. This behavior is not like him, how do I get him to stop?

Stephanie from Friendswood, TX

Answers:

Dog Peeing Inside House

Hey fellow dog lovers!

I am new to this site so I hope I don't screw this up. With our dog, which we got from a shelter when she was about 3 months old has only had one accident ever since we have had her and that was because we had to make an emergency trip and were gone for about 12 hours. We didn't punish her for our mistake. How I trained her was we put her on a schedule to go outside and play. We stayed out long enough for her to do her business also. When she did her thing, she got a little treat. So she did learn the schedule and we never had a problem. When we would go past her time she would sit beside the door and look at us like "well are you coming or what?". We had no trouble and we have had Teddy for four years now. (01/13/2009)

By kmaggard

Dog Peeing Inside House

Take him to the vet. Animals don't change their habits for no reason. (01/16/2009)

By Maryeileen

Sad puppy laying next to wet spot on the floor with human finger pointing at it.
Dog Peeing in the House
Dog Pees in the House When Excited
Dog Pees in the House When Excited
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
An unhappy dog laying on a carpet.
Dog in Heat Peeing Inside
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 9, 2017 at 3:11:12 PM on 10.0.0.198 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.