Dog Peeing Inside House

I have a 3 year old Yorkie who has not been fixed (which could be the problem). I let him out to do his business, which he always does, but then he comes back in the house and lifts his leg everywhere.

He knows he is doing wrong because he runs to his kennel every time I go clean the mess. I plan on getting him fixed in a couple of weeks, but I hear it might be too late and that he will always do this. I don't want to get rid of him because I got him for my daughter and now she is so attached. Please help.

By Rachel from NV

Answers:

Dog Peeing Inside House

Hi Rachel,
I think you are right about the neutering being a part of the problem. Sounds like your dog is "marking." I have used a product for my cat called Comfort Zone with feliway for marking. It worked very well. There is a companion product for dogs, I believe it is called DAP. These products contain pheromones. You should be able to find this product at any of the big internet pet sites. Good Luck! (01/27/2010)

By Lizzyanny