Dog Peeing Inside House

My 10 year old Yorkie has been peeing everywhere in the house. He has a spot in the bathroom where he can pee, but he doesn't use it as much as before. I'm worried that there might be something wrong with him. What should I do? Thank you.

By Tina from HI

Answers:

Dog Peeing Inside House

If you're worried that there is something wrong with him, take him to the vet. Especially if this is a new behavior, there could be an underlying medical issue. If nothing else, call and see if they can give you any advice over the phone.

And you're going to have to treat the areas where he's been peeing, so he won't come back to them. I suggest you get an enzymatic cleaner. We use Petzyme from Petsmart (I think their brand), but there are other brands around.

Give the vet's office a call. I hope everything is okay with your dog. Best of luck! (04/13/2010)

By mrs.story

Dog Peeing Inside House

My first guess is that there was a male dog in this home before you at some time and he's just making it his home. Sure he's ashamed. They hate being caught being bad, but also I'm wondering if your dog is neutered. In many breeds, if the males are not neutered by a certain age they will mark for life. Has another dog been over? Maybe he's angry? Otherwise please go to the pet store and get a doggy diaper, put a Poise pad in there and that might work. They don't like the wet feeling when they wet their diapers. They're about 20.00 and you can buy bladder control pads at the dollar store. I would definitely put a call into the vet. Some medical conditions like bladder infections or even some doggy diseases can cause frequent urination and it's better to be safe than sorry. But definitely try the diaper. Good luck.

Lynne (10/27/2010)

By vitaloo

Sad puppy laying next to wet spot on the floor with human finger pointing at it.
Dog Peeing in the House
Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Senior dog laying on wood floor in home, looking sad
Old Dog Peeing in House
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄