Dog Poops in the House at Night

My dog is potty-trained and does really good, the only thing is when I take him out right before we retire for the night, he simply will not poop, no matter how long we sit out there or how many times I take him out to try. Then, in the morning, I'll find poop on the carpet. How do I fix this problem? What can I do? Thank you!

By Stacey from Eagle Mountain, UT

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You have to put him in a cage at night. he won't go where he sleeps. once his bowels become trained to hold it overnight, you can let him sleep without the cage. keep it in your room so he won't feel punished. leave the cage door open during day so he knows this is his room.

You could regulate feeding time earlier in the day, so the dog can empty before the end of the day OR take the dog on a long walk of an evening. This helps to get things moving and the dog may well empty before your journey has ended. We take our dogs around our field and they love the evening walk and do all their business before going back into the house for the night. Good luck.

Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
Pets Dogs House TrainingJuly 19, 2011
sleeping boxer
Dog Won't Sleep Through the Night
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate
A Shar Pei dog under a blanket.
Keeping a Dog Warm at Night
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:13:14 PM on 10.0.2.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.