Dog Seems Lethargic

My dog has a dry nose and isn't eating very much? She is a German Shepherd. All she wants to do is sit outside. When she is outside she just lays on her pillow. This not normal for my dog. Normally she wants to play and be around people.

Jesse from Woodbridge, VA

Answers:

Dog Seems Lethargic

Bring her to the vet, no questions. It could be a number of things, why risk it? (12/30/2008)

By schubunny

Dog Seems Lethargic

How old is your dog? And is it warm in the area you live in? Maybe she is depressed. If you don't have the $$ the go to the vet then you could always call and ask. I know so many people on this site think people should not ask questions and just go to the vet. $$$ are hard to come by now a days so when in doubt a phone call is free. Plus, you know your dog better then anyone. It would be easier to answer your question if we knew the age?

If the dog is not drinking, you could get a dropper and give it water that way. Animals get upset tummys too just like us and just want to be left alone for a day or to. Mine chewed a rawhide and it make him sick. He threw up all over and then just laid around from being sick for a day or two. He did recover or I would have taken him to the vet. He is fine now and running around. Good luck. (12/30/2008)

Dog Seems Lethargic

My girl is a bit on the down side right now, too. We moved from Florida (we lived with my sister and family that had another dog and 9 cats) to Illinois (with my parents and 92 year old grandma because my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer). She goes outside just to lay out in the cold yard, or out in the garage and lays on the cold floor. I know she is sad and missing all her friends.

Your baby's problems could be so many other things though. Take her to the vet just to make sure. It could make both of you feel better!

God Bless,
Sheila in Decatur, IL (01/05/2009)

By GrammySheila

Dog Seems Lethargic
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
🎄