Dog Smells Even After a Bath

My dog smells so bad even when he has had a bath. How do I stop him from smelling?

By Dee from Norfolk, England

Answers:

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

Most dogs will have the "wet dog" smell after a bath. Most groomers use a spray after they bathe the dogs to help. Outside of that, I would first make sure that you rinse the dog well. Anything left on the fur/skin from excess residue will trap the smell. I always dilute my shampoo first. You will be surprised at the suds you still get with a diluted shampoo. Hope this helps! (12/30/2009)

By caninecodependent

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

Your dog may have a skin condition that is causing the odor. Does it have allergies? Itching? Dandruff or scaly skin? Oily skin? Are you feeding him some type of food that is making him smell? Try using a natural oatmeal shampoo without any perfumes or chemicals. What does your vet say? What kind of dog do you have? Is it a breed that is prone to odorous skin, like a Sharpei? (12/31/2009)

By ahastings7878

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

Vinegar rinse after bathing. The vinegar is a natural odor killer, and will dry odorless itself. Clean and dry the ears very well. (01/01/2010)

By dollyslaffn

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

I would take him to the vet. It could be caused by a medical condition. (01/01/2010)

By Maryeileen

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

A dogs smell is often indicative of what the dog eats. The skin is the largest organ. The "doggy" smell being excreted through the skin comes from the body trying to rid itself of things it cannot use.

Reading the label on your dog food will often reveal a diet not ideal for a carnivore (yes, dogs are carnivores). Most dog foods are full of grains and vegetables, that dogs do not truly need. Dogs even lack the enzyme amylase which is needed to break down the cell walls of plant material. The following website can help you evaluate dog food:

dogfoodanalysis.com

If you want to look into feeding your dog a species appropriate diet look into a raw diet.

pets.groups.yahoo.com

skylarzack.com (01/02/2010)

By maxtheneo

Dog Smells Even After a Bath

I can't resist. I have to say it.

Hold his nose. (01/04/2010)

By TC in MO

Dog Smells Even After a Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
dog bathing
Dog Still Smells After a Bath
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎄